Windows 10: Mouse hides and flickers

Discus and support Mouse hides and flickers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Sirs/Madams,My Surface Pro 4 is annoying me badly. I have two problems with my Surface Pro 4:1. It is more than a year that the cursor of mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AliAhadzadeh Ghannad, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Mouse hides and flickers

Dear Sirs/Madams,My Surface Pro 4 is annoying me badly. I have two problems with my Surface Pro 4:1. It is more than a year that the cursor of mouse disappears and a semi-circle appears on the right side of the display and flickers quickly. I have not control on the mouse and it clicks and moves by itself. For example, it opens or closes a window by itself.Sometime this problem fixes for a long time and again it exists. It is really annoying and I can not use my device.2. After about 2-3 hours the display starts to flickers on the toolbar. And gradually shacking all display.I tried a lot of so

:)

AliAhadzadeh Ghannad, Dec 28, 2021

2. Flickering Mouse pointer in Asus X550LA

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our Windows 10 Creators Update.

To address the flickering, we suggest that you rollback the driver of your mouse, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on RollBack driver.

Hope this information was helpful.

Melliza Son, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Linus Win User
    Mouse settings: Hide pointer while typing has no effect

In Windows 10 there is this option called "Hide pointer while typing" under
    Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options

Mouse hides and flickers [​IMG]

The idea behind this option makes really sense.
    However, it does not seem to have any effect on the following apps I tried. They all behave in the following ways regardless of whether this option is checked or not:

• Notepad and WordPad: Pointer is always hidden while typing.
    • Notepad++: Pointer is never hidden while typing.
    • MS Word 2016: Pointer is hidden while typing; however hitting the shift key makes it reappear, which of course happens all the time while typing resulting in a flickering pointer...

The behaviour of Word 2016 is the worst of all. While I would prefer the pointer really being hidden while typing, a pointer that is never hidden is still better than that flickering pointer!

Can anybody confirm this behaviour or knows how to resolve it?

Linus, Dec 28, 2021
  4. NVFOX Win User

Mouse hides and flickers

Flickering mouse pointer.

I have a brand new ASUS Vivo PC, with I7, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel Graphics. Installation of Windows 10- was no plem, and so was the installation of other programs/apps. The PC came with a USB mouse (generic but with ASUS branding).

I noticed that the mouse pointer was flickering so every 4 seconds, showing the "background busy" cursor for less than a second. all other cursors within a group would not do this. To narrow where this flickering is coming from, I connected the mouse to
    another PC: no flickering at all. Conclusion: it cannot be the hardware of the mouse. The next step was to select another pointer from the windows\cursor folder. Still the flickering was going on. That confirmed my conclusion. I tried other pointers, which
    I downloaded, still flickering.

I also connected a Logitech wireless mouse, a MS wireless mouse, with the same result: still flickering. Again this proves, it is not the mouse hardware. I use now my Logitech wireless mouse.

Here is another observation: At a startup/restart, the pointer (any size) would be quit for at least 4 minutes and then start flickering. During this time, no program/app was started. It just starts this flickering. From this I concluded that it appears
    not to be a hardware problem but a software problem. Where exactly, is here the big question. It probably would not help to start in safe mode, because it will not solve the issue even when the flickering does not occur. Under a start/restart (cold/warm start)
    the flickering would reoccur.

I researched the net, but could only very specific circumstances under which the flickering would occur. There was no solution for this case. Even ASUS Support, with whom I am in contact, do not have an answer so far.

There is one thing that bothers me: the basic drivers from Microsoft are from 2006: mouclass.sys, and mouhid.sys. Is this normal?

I appreciate any help to overcome this very annoying behavior.

NVFOX, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Mouse hides and flickers

1. Mouse hides and flickers - Similar Threads - Mouse hides flickers

2. Mouse hides and flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hides and flickers: Dear Sirs/Madams,My Surface Pro 4 is annoying me badly. I have two problems with my Surface Pro 4:1. It is more than a year that the cursor of mouse disappears and a semi-circle appears on the right side of the display and flickers quickly. I have not control on the mouse and...
  3. Mouse hides and flickers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse hides and flickers: Dear Sirs/Madams,My Surface Pro 4 is annoying me badly. I have two problems with my Surface Pro 4:1. It is more than a year that the cursor of mouse disappears and a semi-circle appears on the right side of the display and flickers quickly. I have not control on the mouse and...
  4. Mouse flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse flickering: Whenever I have something on full screen the mouse starts to flicker, but it also affects the way the mouse moves. It is like the mouse keeps disconnecting and connecting again. To fix I only have to put on borderless, but I want to play fullscreen. Can someone please help...
  5. mouse stuck and flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stuck and flickering: so last night i went to go use my computer and my mouse was stuck and when ever i would move it it would move for a split second but go back. when ever i restart my pc it works for two minutes but starts doing it. sometimes im able to move the mouse but it will start...
  6. Mouse is flickering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse is flickering: Hello, I have recently downloaded ActivePresenter and as soon as I started recording my mouse began to flicke.r I deleted the app and searched its name in file explorer. Nothing came up but my mouse is still flickering. Does anyone know how to stop this?...
  7. hide screen with mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hide screen with mouse: how do i set my computer up so when i move my mouse pointer to bottom of screen fast it hides the screen ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-screen-with-mouse/31c053c7-0500-4835-8844-b05a30a3d628"
  8. Flickering Mouse cursor

Flickering Mouse cursor: This is a relatively new problem for me. The mouse has a fully charged battery (I think) but the problem is continuing. I've tried Google but I don't appear to have the HP Simple Pass program which is mentioned by some people. If it matters, I'm 72 and not exactly the...
  9. Flickering Mouse

Flickering Mouse: Hello, My name is Kaitlyn. I have a sliver windows 10, (I believe it is 10) and not always, but no-a-than it will always do this bizzare thing where not on command it goes scrolling over Out of control to my left hand side of the screen. Never the...
  10. Flickering Mouse

Flickering Mouse: Hi, I know this problem has been mentioned before, but I did not find anything to resolve mine. My Dell PC has been working fine under Windows 10 up until a few days back. The mouse pointer started flickering and the blue ring turns continuously. I tried update/delete...