Windows 10: Mouse hiding does not work (for decades).

Discus and support Mouse hiding does not work (for decades). in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK, I've got the same question that people have been asking for years. My mouse does not hide while I'm typing. This is for as long as I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lbfenters, Aug 23, 2019.

1. lbfenters Win User

Mouse hiding does not work (for decades).

OK, I've got the same question that people have been asking for years. My mouse does not hide while I'm typing. This is for as long as I've been using Windows (since version 2 in 1991). I use the mouse to select a box for typing in any program (haven't tried Notepad as other people have said that it works there, but that's just stupid) and, sure enough, I have to stop typing and move the cursor so that I can see what I'm typing. Suggestion? Remove the "hide pointer while typing" option if it doesn't work. That way, people don't get pissed off on a daily basis. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? I'm currently on Windows 10.

:)

lbfenters, Aug 23, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 23, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Mouse hiding does not work (for decades).

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Mouse hiding does not work (for decades).

1. Mouse hiding does not work (for decades). - Similar Threads - Mouse hiding does

2. keyboard and mouse does not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse does not working: Dear supportsmy keyboard and mouse do not work after I change a new hard drive it has a windows operating system and on bios, it works but after POST or the window screen displayed they stop automatically/turnoff/ but I return the old hard drive it works properly my hard...
  3. Mouse hides and flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hides and flickers: Dear Sirs/Madams,My Surface Pro 4 is annoying me badly. I have two problems with my Surface Pro 4:1. It is more than a year that the cursor of mouse disappears and a semi-circle appears on the right side of the display and flickers quickly. I have not control on the mouse and...
  4. Mouse hides and flickers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hides and flickers: Dear Sirs/Madams,My Surface Pro 4 is annoying me badly. I have two problems with my Surface Pro 4:1. It is more than a year that the cursor of mouse disappears and a semi-circle appears on the right side of the display and flickers quickly. I have not control on the mouse and...
  5. Mouse hides and flickers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Mouse scroll does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll does not work: Ever since the May 2020 windows update my scroll wheel on my mouse will not work anymore. I have tried everything imaginable - everything I could find for a fix on line. I have tried to update the driver but it's already on the current version, I have uninstalled the driver...
  7. hide screen with mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hide screen with mouse: how do i set my computer up so when i move my mouse pointer to bottom of screen fast it hides the screen ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-screen-with-mouse/31c053c7-0500-4835-8844-b05a30a3d628"
  8. my mouse does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse does not work: I connected a mouse to pc and it does not work ... it gets current but in device manager the driver is not found. How can i resolve my problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-does-not-work/8f3e9e88-ce15-40c1-b21f-fcdf00f2ecd4
  9. External mouse does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mouse does not work.: External mouse does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-does-not-work/262ac001-f334-43f6-a410-8b0c035e04ee
  10. Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709: Hi, Just installed a clean copy of Win 10 Pro x64 v1709 and I cannot get the registry tweak to work: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Get notifications from apps &...