Windows 10: Mouse highlighting

Discus and support Mouse highlighting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm on a windows 10 and I did a mistype and activated some weird command that highlights every damn thing I click please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanPhan3, Oct 29, 2019.

1. RyanPhan3 Win User

Mouse highlighting

I'm on a windows 10 and I did a mistype and activated some weird command that highlights every damn thing I click please help

:)

RyanPhan3, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Mouse highlighting

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Mouse highlighting

1. Mouse highlighting - Similar Threads - Mouse highlighting

2. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  3. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  4. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...
  6. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...
  7. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

8. Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...: Anybody knows if there is a tool which would allow a vision impaired person small visual field to follow a training on screen, either directly on teams or while viewing a video. A tool which would highlight, in yellow, where the action is happening. The idea it to be able to...
  9. Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...

Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...: Anybody knows if there is a tool which would allow a vision impaired person small visual field to follow a training on screen, either directly on teams or while viewing a video. A tool which would highlight, in yellow, where the action is happening. The idea it to be able to...
  10. Wireless Logitech Mouse is not working when highlighting... copying... and paste in Word...

Wireless Logitech Mouse is not working when highlighting... copying... and paste in Word...: I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2021. My mouse does not want to highlight... copy... and paste text from Word and Excel. I have contacted Logitech... my mouse is working fine except when highlighting... copying... and paste in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse text selection is not displayed

2. change settings for mouse to highlight words in win 10