Windows 10: Mouse hover inconsistent

Discus and support Mouse hover inconsistent in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not new for me, but I'm curious if anyone else notices. Frequently, when I hover over a file or folder, nothing happens. No popup. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Mouse hover inconsistent

This is not new for me, but I'm curious if anyone else notices.

Frequently, when I hover over a file or folder, nothing happens. No popup. It's annoying. There is no pattern...completely random.

I suspect there is not fix, but maybe??

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 10, 2017

2. windows spotlight

I have an HP Pavilion and Dell Notebook - both are up to date on Windows 10 Version 1607, but neither show the description of the Spotlight photos when I hover the mouse over the text.

Why the inconsistency, when some people have it and others don't?

Dj-Stevens, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Johnd1221 Win User
    Ability to Pin Apps to Start and Task bar seems inconsistant.

Having the same issue with MS Outlook 2013. I inadvertently moved it from the taskbar after upgrading to the desktop, now it will NOT pin. It shows me the NO icon when I hold it with the mouse and try to hover over the taskbar. Right mouse menu only gives
    me "Pin to Start menu"... all other Office Icons allow to be pinned to taskbar.

What's up with that?

I have to say the inconsistencies are minor but very annoying. ALT-TAB option to switch between open programs removed the desktop position. If you have all programs maximized... you have to minimize each one to get to desktop.

frustrating!

Johnd1221, Jun 10, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Mouse hover inconsistent

I noticed, for some time now, most every where in File Explorer, (except the Desktop), you have to hover on a couple files/folders before a mouse hover tip will appear.

Edwin, Jun 10, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Yes, same thing applies for me as well. I only look at the detail view in folders for all the files that are there; it's all laid out in front of me.

Mouse hover inconsistent [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 11, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Detail or List view is okay, if all the attributes/metadata is present.
    the only thing I find annoying is that, even with 'Smooth Scrolling' enabled, the list is so jittery while scrolling!

I'm more adept at immediate visual identification...

Mouse hover inconsistent [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 11, 2017
  7. It's always been an issue in Windows (it happens in Linux Distros too).

IMO, it's caused by the ridiculous number of pointless background services chewing up processor time.
    If that is true, W10 should be more prone to it than previous versions.

lehnerus2000, Jun 11, 2017
  8. Mouse hover inconsistent

You mean it kinda stutters when scrolling in details view? I don't experience that.

Obviously, there are different benefits to list and details view, but unless I have the immediate need to see attributes, I prefer list view. It "shrinks" the list display and makes it far faster to scroll and easier to copy.

But when the mouse hover fails, I'm force to switch to details view...annoying. Furthermore, details view does not show version number.

BTW, on that subject, back in XP days, there used to be a few little utilities that put the file version number on the context menu, but I've had no luck finding one for Win 10.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse hover inconsistent

1. Mouse hover inconsistent - Similar Threads - Mouse hover inconsistent

2. Turn off mouse hover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off mouse hover: The mouse hover feature is the absolute worst feature I have ever seen. Windows open and close on their own and one time it even deleted a folder of important files. I have a recent version of Windows 10 Home edition. In an old Microsoft community post it showed how to do...
  3. Mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  4. Touchpad mouse - inconsistent

Touchpad mouse - inconsistent: My Surface 3 doesn't always recognise the touchpad mouse...touch screen works and a USB plug-in mouse works. Any help as to why this is such an inconsistent situation wd help. Is there something quick I can do to get the touchpad working as opposed to trying re-starts or...
  5. Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?: Hi, I'd imagine this gets asked a lot, but I don't know the term or how describe it easily, so searching has been tough. However, I have Win 10 with a wacom and have this issue when I am doing precise moving with either mouse or pen, sometimes near the edge or bottom of the...
  6. Color Changes to mouse hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Changes to mouse hover: I am running Win 10 Tech Evaluation and Win 7 in dual boot. That's fine. But when it comes to personalizing win 10, the background colour of the hovering mouse is black, so when it's hovered over black text, the text is obliterated. How can I change the hovering mouse...
  7. Mouse Response Poor and inconsistent

Mouse Response Poor and inconsistent: I have a Logitech Performance Mouse MX which i know works fine. Last week, my Windows 10 copy just would not load. i'd been having problems on and off since AU. I finally could not get into Windows 10 no matter what I tried, so I decided to just go ahead and upgrade my hard...
  8. Activate window on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Activate window on mouse hover: Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread? Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and...
  9. Autofocus window on mouse hover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autofocus window on mouse hover?: Hi, in Windows 10 is there any way to focus a window if I hover my mouse cursor over it for half a second (or thereabout)? This is what I had enabled on Windows 8.1 and I preferred that setup. 47361
  10. Hovering mouse shows a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering mouse shows a window: New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second. [img] This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be...