Windows 10: Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If the mouse hovers almost anywhere but the blank desktop it automatically tries to activate whatever it is pointing to. Problems include unwanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickLower1, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10

If the mouse hovers almost anywhere but the blank desktop it automatically tries to activate whatever it is pointing to. Problems include unwanted opening / closing of apps, selecting and pressing controls and more too numerous to tell. I can't find anywhere to turn off the hover function- have followed several routes suggested by earlier posters but they seem aimed at Win 7 & 8. It is immensely frustrating to have to "park" the mouse after every operation- even this fails if a new window opens under the parked mouse. If there is no simple solution to this the Microsoft deserves large brickbats. Just while typing this the mouse (moved by accidental touches on my mouse plate) has caused me trouble twice.

:)

RickLower1, Nov 21, 2018

2. Laptop mouse hover

I am running Windows 10 on my laptop. Even though I have unchecked mouse hover to activate a window, my touchpad, when hovered over a window it still will activate any window inadvertently under mouse. Is there some other box I need to uncheck? Any help
    will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

StephenGlaser, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Laptop mouse hover

Did you restart your computer?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Select or click Ease of Access.

Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.

Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.

Check if issue is resolved.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.

Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10

1. Mouse hover on (Acer) laptop Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse hover Acer

2. acer windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    acer windows 10 laptop: cannot access excel nor word in laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-windows-10-laptop/9ea65a86-1236-4ad9-a5e7-2e56d9926f14
  3. Mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  4. Mouse hover - how to disable in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hover - how to disable in Windows 10 Pro?: I have a new computer with Windows 10 Pro. When I hover the mouse pointer over a link, it opens quickly and automatically. I know from reading others' questions that in earlier versions of Windows, this function could be unclicked in Ease of Access. I don't see that option...
  5. Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mouse hover effect glitch (With picture): I am experiencing this strange glitch with my work station that is really driving me nuts. Basically after the PC has been running for a while (anywhere from 1 hour - 5 hours after boot), my mouse will start to glitch during hover events. This happens most commonly while...
  6. Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?: Hi, I'd imagine this gets asked a lot, but I don't know the term or how describe it easily, so searching has been tough. However, I have Win 10 with a wacom and have this issue when I am doing precise moving with either mouse or pen, sometimes near the edge or bottom of the...
  7. Mouse hover inconsistent

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hover inconsistent: This is not new for me, but I'm curious if anyone else notices. Frequently, when I hover over a file or folder, nothing happens. No popup. It's annoying. There is no pattern...completely random. I suspect there is not fix, but maybe?? 86487
  8. Activate window on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Activate window on mouse hover: Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread? Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and...
  9. Autofocus window on mouse hover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autofocus window on mouse hover?: Hi, in Windows 10 is there any way to focus a window if I hover my mouse cursor over it for half a second (or thereabout)? This is what I had enabled on Windows 8.1 and I preferred that setup. 47361
  10. Hovering mouse shows a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering mouse shows a window: New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second. [img] This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer hover access windows 10

2. disable mouse hoverover

3. windows 10 ease of use hover laptop