Windows 10: mouse hover over chrome window does not activate post screen resume

Discus and support mouse hover over chrome window does not activate post screen resume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 pro ver 2004 build 19041.804 Lenovo X260 After screen has turned off then awoken by moving mouse, the chrome and edge browser screens do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIGUEL1, Feb 15, 2021.

1. MIGUEL1 Win User

mouse hover over chrome window does not activate post screen resume

Win 10 pro ver 2004 build 19041.804
    Lenovo X260

After screen has turned off then awoken by moving mouse, the chrome and edge browser screens do not become active just by hovering the mouse and moving the scroll wheel (or trackpoint)

It is necessary to either click on the tab at the top or else on the toolbar at the bottom.

I have the exact same build on a desktop which does not have that problem.

Steps tried already:
    Graphics driver check, intel HD 520 up to date, nothing to roll back to
    Mouse driver - ditto
    indexing service - refreshed
    Unused apps stopped - adobe, groove, xbox
    disk clean run
    cclean run
    Mouse setting -'scroll inactive window' is set
    DCOM error 10016 in windows log dealt with - deleted the 3 reg keys as listed in various forums.
    full virus scan with defender on and offline

Any other ideas please?

:)

MIGUEL1, Feb 15, 2021
  2. 0neiros Win User

Activate window on mouse hover

OK, this is what worked for me to Extend the time of the hover before Focus kicks in, do all the following.
    Start - Search Type in regedit - Click Yes when asked about the app making changes.
    go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    go to Contorl panel
    go to Mouse
    On the list on the right go to Mouse Hover Time
    Click on it. I changed it from 400 to 4000, you can do less, it's your call.
    Close the registry editor.
    Now Log off, then log back on, or Restart if you feel more comfortable.
    Now go to Control Panel - All Control Panel Items
    go to Ease of Access Center
    Go to Make the Mouse Easier to Use
    Uncheck the "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" box
    Click Apply
    NOW RE-CHECK the "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse"
    Click Apply again.
    You should now find your hover time between windows is at a reasonable delay, and not instant.

0neiros, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Jammin Win User

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread?

Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums

My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and just upgraded to Win10 and it's driving me crazy having no delay before the window gets active.

I went into the registry and for
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    UserPreferenceMask the value there after the upgrade is DF 7E 07 80 12 00 00 00

I changed this to the suggested: 9F 3E 07 80 12 00 00 00 and after logging back in, on hover, the window gets active but not focused - not what I'm looking for so I have left this value at DF...

for:
    ActiveWndTrkTimeout
    I changed the decimal value to 150 and still no delay. Even at 500, still no delay.

Help *Confused

Jammin, Feb 15, 2021
  4. SteveH Win User

I have same problem and found this great summary of it, but it seems it was moved to another thread. It would be really helpful when such things are moved like this if whoever did it could provide a link to the place it was moved to... Brink, or whoever, please advise

SteveH, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. mouse hover over chrome window does not activate post screen resume - Similar Threads - mouse hover chrome

2. "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" is missing from Ease of Access page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" is missing from Ease of Access page: I am using Windows 10 home edition. In my previous PC I used this function as I have bad joints and I need to minimize my clicking activity. Yet, I cannot find this option under Ease of Access page.When I click on mouse this is all I see picture below. And when I click on...
  3. "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" is missing from Ease of Access page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" is missing from Ease of Access page: I am using Windows 10 home edition. In my previous PC I used this function as I have bad joints and I need to minimize my clicking activity. Yet, I cannot find this option under Ease of Access page.When I click on mouse this is all I see picture below. And when I click on...
  4. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  5. Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer: I have a problem with file explorer on windows 10 following the recent update. While drag and dropping a file into a folder, hovering over a folder no longer opens the folder to allow for direct placement into a subfolder. Any solution appreciated. ***Title modified from:...
  6. Mouse hovering over other programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programs: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  7. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  8. Activate window on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Activate window on mouse hover: Hi guys, I'm having the same issue and Option 3 in that tutorial is not working for me. Should I start a new thread? Mouse Hover Makes Window Active - Enable - Windows 7 Help Forums My situation: in Win7, I had the option checked to 'Activate window on mouse hover' and...
  9. Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows: How to: Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows How to Change Time to Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows By default in Windows, you need to click/tap on a window to make it active and bring it into focus. If you turn...
  10. Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows How to Turn On or Off Activate Window by Hovering Over with Mouse in Windows By default in Windows, you need to click/tap on a window to make it active and bring it into focus. If you like,...