Windows 10: Mouse hovering over other programs

Discus and support Mouse hovering over other programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WesleytJ, Oct 30, 2018.

1. WesleytJ Win User

Mouse hovering over other programs

I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this Window.
    For example, see this image.

Mouse hovering over other programs [​IMG]

If I hover the big panel behind the small panel, the smaller panel will immediatly go behind the bigger panel. That's very annoying, because I have to exit everything to access the smaller panel again. Normally, it doens't work this way. Where can I turn it off?

I went to my mouse settings, but I can't find it and I searched a lot of things on the internet, but didn't find the answer.

:)

WesleytJ, Oct 30, 2018

2. In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Mouse hovering over other programs

Laptop mouse hover

Did you restart your computer?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Select or click Ease of Access.

Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.

Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.

Check if issue is resolved.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.

Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Mouse hovering over other programs

1. Mouse hovering over other programs - Similar Threads - Mouse hovering programs

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Mouse cursor won't change when hovering in Excel and other programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor won't change when hovering in Excel and other programs.: My mouse cursor has stopped changing when hovering over an action. For example, when I want to widen a row in excel it won't change to a crosshair. If I try enough times it will still widen when I double click but I have to search for it. It also doesn't work with Snip it...
  4. Mouse cursor won't change when hovering in Excel and other programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor won't change when hovering in Excel and other programs.: My mouse cursor has stopped changing when hovering over an action. For example, when I want to widen a row in excel it won't change to a crosshair. If I try enough times it will still widen when I double click but I have to search for it. It also doesn't work with Snip it...
  5. Mouse cursor won't change when hovering in Excel and other programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  7. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  8. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  10. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...