Windows 10: Mouse hovering over other programs

Discus and support Mouse hovering over other programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WesleytJ, Oct 30, 2018.

1. WesleytJ Win User

Mouse hovering over other programs

I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this Window.
    For example, see this image.

Mouse hovering over other programs [​IMG]

If I hover the big panel behind the small panel, the smaller panel will immediatly go behind the bigger panel. That's very annoying, because I have to exit everything to access the smaller panel again. Normally, it doens't work this way. Where can I turn it off?

I went to my mouse settings, but I can't find it and I searched a lot of things on the internet, but didn't find the answer.

:)

WesleytJ, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Karthicka_R Win User

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Darleen Pen Win User
    Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Andre Da Costa Win User

Laptop mouse hover

Did you restart your computer?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Select or click Ease of Access.

Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.

Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.

Check if issue is resolved.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.

Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse hovering over other programs - Similar Threads - Mouse hovering programs

2. Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer: I have a problem with file explorer on windows 10 following the recent update. While drag and dropping a file into a folder, hovering over a folder no longer opens the folder to allow for direct placement into a subfolder. Any solution appreciated. ***Title modified from:...
  3. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  4. Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it: Click on start button. Move mouse up to menu. Mouse pointer briefly turns to spinning circle. Menu closes automatically. Same problem occurs for Notification menu. Same problem occurs if you right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, Settings window opens. Hover mouse...
  5. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...
  6. Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse/Pen hovering - Desktop hovering/break apart?: Hi, I'd imagine this gets asked a lot, but I don't know the term or how describe it easily, so searching has been tough. However, I have Win 10 with a wacom and have this issue when I am doing precise moving with either mouse or pen, sometimes near the edge or bottom of the...
  7. Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.: I have mild OCD, and ever since a recent update its been going nuts due this bug. When I mouse over a icon on the task bar and hover over it the other windows shift to the side and then fade away. They use to just fade away.... Here's a video of the bug. VIDEO PLZ send...
  8. Mouse hover inconsistent

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hover inconsistent: This is not new for me, but I'm curious if anyone else notices. Frequently, when I hover over a file or folder, nothing happens. No popup. It's annoying. There is no pattern...completely random. I suspect there is not fix, but maybe?? 86487
  9. Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder: Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop. I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup. Driving me nuts ! Where did they hide the setting ? Thanks 94601
  10. Hovering mouse shows a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering mouse shows a window: New user here. I got a few problems regarding from my laptop. Apparently, I upgraded my Windows 7 to windows 10 and when I hover my cursor to the topmost right portion of the screen, a window pop up in a second. [img] This popup distracts me when I work, and I'll be...