Windows 10: Mouse Icon Not Working

Discus and support Mouse Icon Not Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As you can see in this picture, my mouse icon appears as a box: https://photos.app.goo.gl/X5Zg45aDu38sAQiNA This happens frequently when I boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kylem315, Jun 13, 2019.

1. kylem315 Win User

Mouse Icon Not Working

As you can see in this picture, my mouse icon appears as a box:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X5Zg45aDu38sAQiNA

This happens frequently when I boot up my Windows 10 PC.

Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?

:)

kylem315, Jun 13, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jun 13, 2019
  3. MICROSOFT MOUSE PROGRAM

Hi Richard,

Since the above suggestions didn't work on your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below for us to further locate the device driver that has been causing conflict on your system.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Devices.
    • Scroll down, then select Device manager.
    • Look for the mouse icon, then click it.
    • Right-click on the available drivers.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Re-connect your Microsoft mouse, so that the system will reinstall the correct driver.

Keep us updated with the result so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Mouse Icon Not Working

Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Icon Not Working

1. Mouse Icon Not Working - Similar Threads - Mouse Icon Working

2. mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work: HI, latest windows 11 update. now mouse has loading icon next to it - fixed through control panel, then search:mouse, i chose icon basic icon for mouse loading icon. But i have bit of twist. Before update i used shortcuts through keyboard as: W button + D or X or all of the...
  3. mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work: HI, latest windows 11 update. now mouse has loading icon next to it - fixed through control panel, then search:mouse, i chose icon basic icon for mouse loading icon. But i have bit of twist. Before update i used shortcuts through keyboard as: W button + D or X or all of the...
  4. Mouse Not Working, Taskbar and Icons Won't Show Up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Not Working, Taskbar and Icons Won't Show Up.: I power washed my laptop since I got rid of something and it screwed up everything. Everything was fine and I got everything back to normal and I was logging back into all of my accounts and fixing my settings. I shut off my laptop so I could clean it it got really dirty and...
  5. Mouse Not Working, Taskbar and Icons Won't Show Up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Not Working, Taskbar and Icons Won't Show Up.: I power washed my laptop since I got rid of something and it screwed up everything. Everything was fine and I got everything back to normal and I was logging back into all of my accounts and fixing my settings. I shut off my laptop so I could clean it it got really dirty and...
  6. Mouse Not Working, Taskbar and Icons Won't Show Up.

7. Mouse Icon Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Icon Disappearing: My PC is running on Windows 11. All of a sudden the Mouse Icon disappears for a second and lags. Also when the mouse icon disappears it makes pendrive insert and eject sound. Usually it happens when i move the mouse icon on the top right or bottom right of the screen and...
  8. Mouse Icon Disappearing

Mouse Icon Disappearing: My PC is running on Windows 11. All of a sudden the Mouse Icon disappears for a second and lags. Also when the mouse icon disappears it makes pendrive insert and eject sound. Usually it happens when i move the mouse icon on the top right or bottom right of the screen and...
  9. Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*

Touchpad Mouse has Red X on its icon in taskbar Mouse not working *Fix*: Alright quite possibly you have Disabled it by double tapping the top left corner of the touchpad which enables/disables the mouse pointer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-has-red-x-on-its-icon-in-taskbar/fd6ecc71-7d15-4ac8-bc30-161ef6e6127d
  10. Icon selector, mouse tracker not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon selector, mouse tracker not working: On the desktop icons are selected in a circular motion by them selves without my hand clicking on them they are always the same 5 icons even if i moove them. If i open task manager the processes get selected at random fortunately it's only one click so it doesn't do anything...