Windows 10: Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

Discus and support Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I had a BIOS update on my ASUS laptop and after that my wireless mouse in USB port isn't working any more. The cursor is moving but at pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nuce12, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Nuce12 Win User

Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

Hi!

I had a BIOS update on my ASUS laptop and after that my wireless mouse in USB port isn't working any more. The cursor is moving but at pressing the button on the mouse it doesn't to anything. I did remove the battery from the mouse and turned it off an on and it doesn't help.

:)

Nuce12, Sep 29, 2019
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Usb ports for keyboard and mouse only work in Bios

I am assuming that your laptop's inbuilt keyboard / touchpad is working. You should do following and keep your USB keyboard and mouse attached -

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    > Choose Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Next to update

Now within Device Manager, go to Mice and other pointing devices and do the above step for HID compliant mouse also.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help. If above didn't work, I will supply more troubleshooting steps to solve this problem.

E for Excel, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

1. Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update - Similar Threads - Mouse USB port

2. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  3. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  4. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  5. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  6. usb ports do not work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb ports do not work after update: After updating windows, my usb ports do not work. They send power, but my computer does not recognize them. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-do-not-work-after-update/4dcf7821-97e1-4194-929d-4b022e49641c
  7. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  8. USB ports not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  9. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....
  10. one usb port not working with mouse

one usb port not working with mouse: when uplugging my laptop my usb mouse stopped working, when i plugged the lapptop back in it still didnt work. i tried the mouse in a different usb port and it worked, so i think there is something going on with that specific usb port. the red light under the mouse still...