Windows 10: Mouse intermittent and hanging up Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse intermittent and hanging up Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My mouse is intermittent. I point at buttons multiple times and if I grab something it will not let go for a fe seconds. Started yesterday and seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyT69, May 30, 2019.

1. TonyT69 Win User

Mouse intermittent and hanging up Windows 10

My mouse is intermittent. I point at buttons multiple times and if I grab something it will not let go for a fe seconds. Started yesterday and seems to be getting worse. Renders my system unuseable. Trying to edit photos and it is impossible.

Suggestions?

:)

TonyT69, May 30, 2019
  2. toddmo Win User

Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

toddmo, May 30, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 30, 2019
  4. Mouse intermittent and hanging up Windows 10

Mouse and keyboard intermittent - Windows 10.

Hi Gerard,

If you're having issues with your mouse and keyboard, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Looking forward to your update.

Michelle Vil, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Mouse intermittent and hanging up Windows 10

1. Mouse intermittent and hanging up Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse intermittent hanging

2. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10: Using the left mouse button is intermittently not recognized in Windows 10. It will work fine for double click, single click, and click and drag. And then it's like the button is not being used at all. I have tried 2 different wireless mice and 1 wired mouse. I changed out...
  3. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10: Using the left mouse button is intermittently not recognized in Windows 10. It will work fine for double click, single click, and click and drag. And then it's like the button is not being used at all. I have tried 2 different wireless mice and 1 wired mouse. I changed out...
  4. Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10

Intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10: Had serious problem with intermittent wireless keyboard and mouse on Windows 10. Followed advice as detailed on numerous threads on this board but to no effect. Other reasons caused me to replace my printer, with which I had problem due to wireless connection. Suggested by...
  5. Windows 10 Update - Mouse Intermittent

Windows 10 Update - Mouse Intermittent: Hi Microsoft, I have an Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Motherboard. Ever since you updated Windows 10 a few months back my Bluetooth Microsft Mouse stops working. I have to disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth Dongle for the mouse before it works again. Happens around 10 times a...
  6. Windows intermittently hanging/freezing all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows intermittently hanging/freezing all the time: Hi, I've recently started encountering a new issue with my PC out of the blue a week or so ago it just started freezing/hanging out of nowhere I have done research, and updated absolutely every possible program and device I have, I've optimized/defragmented, I've cleaned...
  7. Windows 10 Hang up

Windows 10 Hang up: Sorry Guys, but Microsoft has problems. People cannot restart their computers. Several of my clients are having massive trouble restarting their computers when they get hung up. One client was informed to buy another computer which she did. It is a Toshiba. She...
  8. intermittent hesitation and hanging

intermittent hesitation and hanging: I have noticed that my windows 10 desktop has been hesitating or hanging up more lately. When it does it, nothing will work. If I wait awhile, eventually it seems to correct itself. It's almost like it's looking for something or scanning something and everything else takes...
  9. Mouse pointer hangs up

Mouse pointer hangs up: After the latest W10 update my mouse hangs up every 3 seconds for about a second. Just stops mid drag. Very uniform like something running in the background. Doesn't affect keyboard strokes. Tried a hard wired USB mouse and a USB wireless mouse. Affects All apps. 1...
  10. Windows 10 intermittently hangs even when no programs are running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 intermittently hangs even when no programs are running: Hi, I have a relatively blank windows 10 machine, except for the stuff that's pre-loaded. I'm not a techie so I don't like touching things unless I have to. My machine is an acer running on windows 10 (not sure what version, I assume the most basic one that comes with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse keeps hanging windows 10 edge

2. windows mouse is hanging

3. wired mouse windows 10 intermittent hanging