Windows 10: Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

Discus and support Mouse is highlighting everything when I click in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that their mouse cursor highlights everything when they click. According to them, this issue is not associated with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

Mouse is highlighting everything when I click Mouse-highlights-everything-when-I-click.png
    Some users are complaining that their mouse cursor highlights everything when they click. According to them, this issue is not associated with a particular application. When they work in Microsoft Word or in another similar application, their mouse cursor keeps selecting the text when they click. When they work in a web browser, their mouse […]

This article Mouse is highlighting everything when I click first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 14, 2021
  3. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 14, 2021
  4. Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2021
Thema:

Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

1. Mouse is highlighting everything when I click - Similar Threads - Mouse highlighting everything

2. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  3. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  4. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything: So today i turn on my pc and my mouse starts highlighting everything doesn't matter if it's background, browser or a game - when i scroll it just like presses left button and it doesn't go away until i click.ClickLock is turned off. Both windows and drivers are updated.Thank...
  6. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything: So today i turn on my pc and my mouse starts highlighting everything doesn't matter if it's background, browser or a game - when i scroll it just like presses left button and it doesn't go away until i click.ClickLock is turned off. Both windows and drivers are updated.Thank...
  7. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

8. My Mouse is Highlighting Everything

My Mouse is Highlighting Everything: Hello,I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270. My mouse is highlighting everything; I even had to rewrite this question three times because my words were being automatically highlighted and everything became a mishmash. Part of the time, there's a little "plus symbol" next to my...
  9. Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by: Does anyone know how do disable option that automatically highlights and selects stuff ? I looked it up and many people said disabling stickykeys should help, disabled it and still doesn't work. Edit : I have a desktop submitted by /u/EnVyJabami [link] [comments]...
  10. Everything is deleting when i double click the left mouse button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything is deleting when i double click the left mouse button: even after resetting the PC theerror appeared in 4 days so i thought ofreinstalling the OS, now after 2 weeks the same error pop ups. i don't know what to do now.please help me with this. when i double click the left button on some file,all of a sudden 10-15 window open up...