Windows 10: Mouse is not getting detected in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse is not getting detected in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It happened when i was playing a game, I heard a sound from my PC. It sounded exactly like when someone remove a device from the USB port. I suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Balasubramanian K, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Mouse is not getting detected in Windows 10

It happened when i was playing a game, I heard a sound from my PC. It sounded exactly like when someone remove a device from the USB port. I suddenly checked which one of my device is no longer connected with my PC, and realized it was my mouse. I later closed my game and tried unplugging and plugging it back, but it wasn't helpful. I checked it by connecting on other ports, and same result. I thought my mouse has broken so, I tried connecting my mouse to my TV, fortunately it worked completely fine. I connected back to my PC, but my PC doesn't detect a device connecting to the USB port. This time I took my older mouse which has problem with sensitivity but still works and connected with the same port, and it worked completely fine. The problem I face is, this present mouse, I have been using is not at all detected by my PC all of a sudden, no physical damage occurred. My PC detects the older mouse and my TV detects the both the mouse old one and the present one, but my PC doesn't detect the present mouse.

P.S. Tried updating my windows 10 to the latest version and updated my USB port drivers to the latest version. Rebooting not at all worked.

:)

Balasubramanian K, Dec 4, 2020

2. MOUSE NOT DETECTING ON INSTALLATION WINDOW

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Have you tried to use this mouse on another System?
    • Have you tried any other mouse on the system you are getting issues?

I would suggest you restart your system and uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers.

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Mice and other pointing devices”
        from the device list and expand it, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may
        select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and restart the computer.
    Once it gets uninstalled I would suggest you to go to the manufacturer website and install the latest driver from there and check.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Mouse is not getting detected in Windows 10

Serial Mouse via USB not detected

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 10 and my mouse no longer works. Its a specific adapted mouse (for disability) that connects via Serial (9-pin) into a Serial-USB converter cable. The converter cable gets detected ok (as Prolific Serial-USB Adapter) but the Serial mouse running on the end of it doesn't work/get detected.

In Windows 7 it works fine and needed no addition drivers other than the the Prolific adapter. Can I tell if Windows is detecting its presence? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Russ,

rustytulip, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Mouse is not getting detected in Windows 10

1. Mouse is not getting detected in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse getting detected

2. Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse: And it's not a problem with the Wacom Drivers. The INSTANT I plug in the tablet, the Device manager detects the tablet as a mouse, no sign of it on the Human Interface devices....
  3. Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse: And it's not a problem with the Wacom Drivers. The INSTANT I plug in the tablet, the Device manager detects the tablet as a mouse, no sign of it on the Human Interface devices....
  4. Windows 10 detects Wacom Tablet as Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and Mouse not detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse not detecting: Hello The other day I had a power cut and my PC shut off. When I tried to restart it later that day, my keyboard and mouse were not detecting on the lock screen no lights on / backlighting. I saw an answer to this problem that involved using safe mode. When I got to recovery...
  6. mouse detected as a keyboard

mouse detected as a keyboard: The mouse is fully functioning and i can still use it to do what i like. However in settings - Devices, It shows up as a G203 Lightsync Gaming Mouse but has a keyboard picture and is in the keyboard section. I cannot customise the mouse in the Logitech Gaming Software. I have...
  7. Logitech mouse not detected by windows 10

Logitech mouse not detected by windows 10: When I connect Logitech wireless mouse g900 it works as long as USB is plugged but will not work wireless. Also it does not show up in Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices, only 5 HID-compliant Mouse, are listed. Running Logitech gaming software results in...
  8. Windows 10 battery not detected and usb mouse is not detected

Windows 10 battery not detected and usb mouse is not detected: Hi, I have this laptop https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vgn-series/vgn-cs3agh/specifications Ram : 3GB It was having windows vista pre installed. But, i have now windows 10 64-bit installed. Its now fully updated by using windows update. But, the...
  9. MICROPHONE NOT GETTING DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROPHONE NOT GETTING DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10: MICROPHONE NOT DETECTED IN WINDOWS 10. WHEN THE HEADPHONE IS PLUGGED IN THE GREEN JACK I CAN HEAR THE AUDIO IN THE HEAD PHONE,WHEN I GO TO SOUND SETTINGING IT SAY NO INPUT DEVICE. I HAVE LOGITECH H111 HEADSET...
  10. Mouse not being detected by Windows 10

Mouse not being detected by Windows 10: Tried plugging in a new mouse to USB and nothing. The mouse does not appear anywhere in settings, hardware etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-not-being-detected-by-windows-10/205c45c1-7bb7-4bda-8713-bf9e6cc015bf