Windows 10: Mouse is overly sensitive to movement during double-click on a 4k display

Discus and support Mouse is overly sensitive to movement during double-click on a 4k display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Mouse clicks appear to be interpreted differently if the mouse is moving while the click events occur. This interpretation seems to be based on pixels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daniel Walter (dwalter), Sep 18, 2018.

1. Mouse is overly sensitive to movement during double-click on a 4k display

Mouse clicks appear to be interpreted differently if the mouse is moving while the click events occur. This interpretation seems to be based on pixels and not some more standard scaling factor such as a percentage of the default font size. This can make it difficult to double-click when using a high resolution 4k monitor. I have tried various mouse settings such as reducing the double click speed and changing the mouse pointer speed. Reducing the mouse pointer speed improves the situations but it also means that I need to make big sweeping motions with the mouse for it to move across the screen. Changing the mouse double-click speed does not help at all. I have an easy time creating double-clicks with the mouse double-click speed set all the way to fast, but only if the mouse pointer speed is slow. Is there some other setting that can be used to help with this?

:)

Daniel Walter (dwalter), Sep 18, 2018

2. Mouse movement of the cursor when using the mouse has become very sensitive

Windows 10 Movement of the cursor when using the mouse has become very very sensitive. What can I do to slow it down?

Original subject: Mouse

MaryHilterbrand, Sep 18, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Problem with mouse sensitivity.

We appreciate your response. Since all possible troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, what we would suggest next for you is to uninstall the latest update. Once the update has been uninstalled, kindly check if the sensitivity of your mouse improves.
    Here are the steps to uninstall the latest update:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Update and Security and select Windows Update.
    • Select View installed update history.
    • Choose the latest update and select uninstall.

Let us know how it turns out.

John Vil, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Mouse is overly sensitive to movement during double-click on a 4k display

Mouse sensitivity problem

Hello Parsa,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with mouse sensitivity when playing a game concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do you experience the issue on a specific game only? What is the name of the game where you experiencing the mouse sensitivity?
    • Where do you get the game? Did you download it on Windows Store or through a website?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Mouse is overly sensitive to movement during double-click on a 4k display

1. Mouse is overly sensitive to movement during double-click on a 4k display - Similar Threads - Mouse overly sensitive

2. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  3. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  4. Double-clicking mouse

Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  5. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  7. Mouse double clicking

Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  8. Mouse double clicking

9. Mouse double clicks

Mouse double clicks: sometime when i click the computer registers it as a double click it seems to be happening even with different mice I have tried several different double click speeds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-double-clicks/e62d6494-764f-4c16-94e5-808620d10c32
  10. Mouse double clicking

Mouse double clicking: I'm having problem with my mouse on this specific day, it keeps on double clicking even though I only clicked it once. This is a problem as it sometimes release what I'm holding which has negative effects for me to play, work, etc. I'm using a HID compliant mouse....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse double click issues - too sensitive to movement?