Windows 10: Mouse is really flakey

Discus and support Mouse is really flakey in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First let me say that this only happens when I have the hdmi cable attached between the desk top computer and my big screen tv. I have a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Jun 29, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Mouse is really flakey

First let me say that this only happens when I have the hdmi cable attached between the desk top computer and my big screen tv.

I have a wireless mouse with a power chip in the USB port. I have tried a mouse with a cord, but still plugged into the usb port (this did NOT work at all popup said it was not recognized)

I was told that the cause was my wireless telephone system which works on the same frequency. I kind of doubt this because I have another PC with windows 7 and the wireless mouse (mouse same type and brand) is very calm and is closer to the phone system than my windows 10 pc.

The mouse just disappears and may be gone 15-20 seconds and then it comes back (seems to only happen when working on one of my browsers). That is very frustrating.

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this issue.

:)

huffman, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Nick_897 Win User

Bing.com on W10 is flakey

Bing.com is not responding this morning . All other websites are working.

Here are some answers to your suggestions:

- Browser = Chrome

- AV Pgm is Microsoft security software

- Pinging Bing.com resulted in normal response

- Troubleshooter Network Adapter...no problems found

- Troubleshooter Internet connections ... no problems solved

Note that now that I tried again, Bing.com loaded as expected. As indicated before, it is flakey, sometimes it works, sometimes not. When it quits it can be for long periods (hours).

I tried on Edge and this is the message:

That's all for now.

UPDATE: ... A few minutes later Bing.com quit working. Same error message as in first post. For what it's worth, It also will not open the little window connected to my bing.com offers for the day.

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.bing.com
    • Refresh the page
    • Search for what you want

Nick_897, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Mouse is really flakey

Mouse and Keyboard stutters really horribly

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with mouse and keyboard not working in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to uninstall and reinstall mouse and keyboard, please follow the steps given below.

Step 1: Uninstall the mouse and keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select
      Device manager.

• Expand Keyboard and mice driver and right-click on
      driver and select ‘uninstall’.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: You may refer to the computer manufacturer website and try installing keyboard and mice drivers and check.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Mouse is really flakey

1. Mouse is really flakey - Similar Threads - Mouse really flakey

2. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  3. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  4. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Flakey WI-FI - No Idea Why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flakey WI-FI - No Idea Why: Hello, I'm with a UK broadband ISP called TalkTalk - not through choice, but if you want FTTC, they were the only provider in town...literally. We also have an Amazon Firestick (wi-fi) which we cannot use due to insufficient signal - our Samsung SMART TV is cat5e cabled. But,...
  6. Mouse being really weird.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  7. Mouse is really flakey

Mouse is really flakey: First let me say that this only happens when I have the hdmi cable attached between the desk top computer and my big screen tv. I have a wireless mouse with a power chip in the USB port. I have tried a mouse with a cord, but still plugged into the usb port (this did NOT work...
  8. Mouse feels really weird !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse feels really weird !: hello , first of all i wanna say sorry for my bad english second i have a problem since 2 days so im a competetive csgo player and i downloaded a game called need for speed after i downloaded that my mouse felt like gliding on ice and not being 1to1 precise so i was like ok...
  9. Flakey Edge since 1709 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Flakey Edge since 1709 Update: I've noticed several Edge "glitches" since the 1709 update (that I don't have on the Insider's versions). One time I couldn't right click on a link to copy it in Edge. Restarted Edge and it was OK. Another time (after a reboot), I started Edge and the Icons for links on...
  10. Really Bad Mouse Lag

Really Bad Mouse Lag: Hi folks, I've been having a lot of trouble with my mouse lagging. Just moving it across the screen will sometimes cause it to lag. I wouldn't say that there is anything specific causing it sense it happens when I'm browsing the web, managing files on my desktop, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse is flakey