Windows 10: mouse is stuttering

Discus and support mouse is stuttering in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i have the logitech g203 (wired mouse) and this stuttering started happening 10 mins ago. i just got out of a game and boom, stuttering. the weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LucarioAcee, Feb 23, 2021.

1. mouse is stuttering

so i have the logitech g203 (wired mouse) and this stuttering started happening 10 mins ago. i just got out of a game and boom, stuttering. the weird thing is that the mouse is fine in games but not with anything else, ive tried searching things up but all the help is for wireless mice. i plugged this mouse into my laptop and it works completely fine, ive tried putting it into a different usb port and its still stuttering. any help is massively appreciated.

submitted by /u/LucarioAcee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LucarioAcee, Feb 23, 2021

2. mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Feb 23, 2021
  4. ChadBonk Win User

mouse is stuttering

Mouse Stutter

Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this...
    I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest NVidia Drivers, latest Mouse drivers for the mouse I'm using ( logitech g602). I've tried using Logitechs software and not using it.
    • reinstalled windows with a clean install
    • switched my router to 5ghz
    • tried bluetooth connection, ( seems worse than the wifi connection )
    • disabled Nvidia High Definition in Device manager
    • turned off the power off option under every USB peripheal in Device manager
    • Tried another usb port
    • tried another mouse... with this being said, I use a wacom tablet. This is studio machine so it's higher much higher end and should not suffer from the mouse lag but noticed this will stutter from time to time as well. But what I just realized this morning and just want to know if I could have a confirmation... I'm currently backing up an older large drive that uses USB 2.0. I'm using backblaze to get everything up as fast as I can.
    Since i've had it uploading, I noticed moreso the stutter. Is it possible that this drive could be causing the stutter? If my thinking is correct, even tho it's just uploading online the drive is being accessed and if the USB connection is the bottle neck, I'm thinking this could cause a stutter with other USB peripheals regardless if they are are 3.0 or not

ChadBonk, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

mouse is stuttering

1. mouse is stuttering - Similar Threads - mouse stuttering

2. Mouse Stutter in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Stutter in Windows 11: I have been using this Windows desktop fine since this past December 2023. And starting last week, the mouse I had started lagging. So I tried a different mouse and that also started lagging on the computer.I have tried the following:Driver updatesWindows 11 reinstall with...
  3. Mouse Stutter in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Stutter in Windows 11: I have been using this Windows desktop fine since this past December 2023. And starting last week, the mouse I had started lagging. So I tried a different mouse and that also started lagging on the computer.I have tried the following:Driver updatesWindows 11 reinstall with...
  4. my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...: also when I try to run and or right click on anything in my desktop it takes super long to load, and by anything I mean anything, a few days ago settings would take about 1-2 seconds to open and load, now it takes around 10.I have a less than 1 month non-used i7-12000f so I...
  5. my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...

my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...: also when I try to run and or right click on anything in my desktop it takes super long to load, and by anything I mean anything, a few days ago settings would take about 1-2 seconds to open and load, now it takes around 10.I have a less than 1 month non-used i7-12000f so I...
  6. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  7. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  8. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.: Hello, I just built my pc and have an issue. If I play music for example and not touch the computer at all, after 10min, the sound and video noticed with screen saver on distorts and stutters until I either move the mouse or touch the keyboard. Then it will be fine again for...
  10. Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.

Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.: Hello, I just built my pc and have an issue. If I play music for example and not touch the computer at all, after 10min, the sound and video noticed with screen saver on distorts and stutters until I either move the mouse or touch the keyboard. Then it will be fine again for...