Windows 10: Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

Discus and support Mouse Issue after forced Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows updated on our shared domain using Windows PRO and now the mouses on two of our desktops force you to use the same settings. Unfortunately we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanMandell D.C., Apr 6, 2021.

1. Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

Windows updated on our shared domain using Windows PRO and now the mouses on two of our desktops force you to use the same settings. Unfortunately we have a left handed person and a right handed person on both these desktops. After windows forced an update, when the left handed person who is using a left handed trackball that is directly connected via USB, changes her settings, it changes the setting on the second desktop which is connected via wireless receiver to also be a left handed mouse. When either of the desktops change the mouse settings it automatically changes the other mouse settings. Windows support has deleted the drivers, uninstalled the update and restarted both computers and nothing seems to fix the issues. Does anyone else know what can fix this?? It only happened after the windows update.

:)

AlanMandell D.C., Apr 6, 2021
  2. Joergi Win User

Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse

The steps by Nigel might also help. Note that you might (additionally?) have an issue with WIndows Update: There are some cases, in which WIndows Update continues showing you an update, although you do no longer need it. But Windows Update shows it anyway, because it has already downloaded it.

I have not found the tutorial to reset Windows Update, but it should be in this list: Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Forums

Joergi, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Glitched Mouse with most recent Windows Update!

Hi Emma,

To resolve the issue you're having with using your mouse, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware Troubleshooter on the computer with the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select it from the list.
    • Select Hardware and Sound, then Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, update your mouse or touch pad drivers with the steps on this

link.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

Windows 10 mouse issues

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

1. Mouse Issue after forced Windows update - Similar Threads - Mouse Issue forced

2. Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and spacebar issues after forced automatic updates on Windows 10: I have had issues with my touchpad since February when my computer turned off and started installing updates by force. I had managed to more or less correct them until the recent forced installation of updates messed with it again. In order to use the touchpad I have to leave...
  3. Audio issues after forced update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues after forced update: Hi. Yesterday, a forced update (KB4549951) that was installed (even though my updates are paused), caused an issue with audio. My microphone now not only takes in my mic audio, but my desktop audio as well. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/SupaIsaiah016 [link]...
  4. Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update: I seem to have lost contact with my keyboard and mouse after the latest update. I guess I might need to update my drivers but how can I do that when I can't type or click!? Cant even get passed locked screen. Have swapped out my devices so I think I have ruled out...
  5. Forced update issues

Forced update issues: My computer updated Windows on 8/12/19. I am unable to sign into my user profile, getting the error message "You are logged on with a temporary profile. Roaming options are currently unavailable" I believe because I am not signed on with my profile, I am also not able to...
  6. after Windows update, mouse issue

after Windows update, mouse issue: My RCA tablet with keyboard went crazy after the last update. Some things keep poping up, mouse cursor is moving as it wishes. It looks like I am not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-mouse-issue/c26a56a3-cd3e-4ea4-8203-69f8f7948d89
  7. Mouse issue after Windows update, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse issue after Windows update, Windows 10: Since last update, My RCA tablet with keyboard is doing crazy things. It acts as tho someone else is on here with me and clicking all kinds of things that I am not clicking. Things are constantly poping up and have to fight to get control of mouse to remove all the things...
  8. Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse: In one of my classes, a friend plugged in his USB mouse and Windows partially installed a driver for it before it was taken out of the port. Now Windows 10 is trying to force me to download the drivers for a mouse that I do not own or have access to. It keeps failing to...
  9. Mouse Tracking Issues After Windows 10 Update

Mouse Tracking Issues After Windows 10 Update: Hello, My Windows 10 installation has just updated itself, and since then I have had problems with the pointer tracking of my Logitech G402 mouse. The mouse pointer will track well past where I stop my mouse, as well as shake and jiggle when the mouse is stationary. This...
  10. Mouse jumpy on PC after forced Fall Creators Update

Mouse jumpy on PC after forced Fall Creators Update: Hi everytime I sleep my PC then wake it the mouse is jumpy all over the place and can not be used, I have to shutdown & restart the machine?? - its only started since the Fall Creators Update was forcibly installed by Windows 2 days ago, I did install this update a month...