Windows 10: Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

Discus and support Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Errorname404, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it bothers me, I can barely do anything on here now. I'm not sure if it's my mouse or the computer. But my computer has had a lot of previous issues.

I really need help because I'm a PC gamer.

MOUSE DETAILS:

Logitech 1.5V mouse, takes one AA battery.

COMPUTER DETAILS:

HP Pallivon x360

(just got a new battery because the first one caught fire)

Personally I think it's my drives or my nano USB.

:)

Errorname404, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

mouse moves and clicks on its own

Hi,

Regarding your concern about mouse issues, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless mouse?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cesar Castaño and other members on this

link
    and see if it will work.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 4, 2019
  3. The mouse will freeze, and then jerk to where I was moving to in the first place in Windows 10

If I am playing a competitive shooter like CS:GO, then this problem is very noticeable. If I move the mouse somewhere and this problem happens, it will freeze in place for about half a second to a second, and jerk back over in the direction I was moving
    it in the first place. This is very annoying, I have tried to disable, uninstall and reenable the HID-Compliant Mouse Drivers, that didn't work at all. I have look all around for a solution to this but have found none.

LiamO'Neill, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

1. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking - Similar Threads - Mouse jerking moving

2. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  3. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  4. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My cursor is jerking and not clicking

in Cortana
    My cursor is jerking and not clicking: My cursor gets stuck and then it does not go smoothly and it's jerking every now and then. And I can't click anything either. Please help me I really need help fast...
  6. Mouse moves but cant click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moves but cant click anything.: Hi, I am experiencing an issue where sometimes I cannot click anything, CTRL+ ALT+ DELETE takes 2 seconds to load, then it seems to snap out of whatever funk it was in. I have already tried sfc scannow, but the problem still persists. Please help me find a permanent fix for...
  7. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  8. Mouse jerks, Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jerks, Windows 10?: Hello, I have a gaming pc and therefore also a gaming mouse. The mouse is from Boostbox. My problem is that the mouse jerks all the time, so it jumps everywhere when I move it. Does anyone know what to do? TIA Maus ruckelt, Windows 10?
  9. Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome jerking with mouse wheel scroll: Why does chrome jerk when scrolling with the mouse wheel. It does not do that in IE or EDGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-jerking-with-mouse-wheel-scroll/f0e36aa7-133a-4211-a3a1-fd7b4f35ca3b
  10. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click: I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help. 13193