Windows 10: Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

Discus and support Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reg42, Feb 11, 2019.

1. reg42 Win User

Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem continued. Later on I checked, and my trackpad had been disabled the entire time.

Eventually I deleted my mouse drivers for the trackpad and the physical mouse, updated windows, and restarted the computer.

Now the problem is much better, but still remains in a slightly different form - the cursor jumps around and moves slightly upwards almost constantly. Before it was a problem with the scroll, now the cursor itself is moving.

I fired up Endless Legend again and noticed that the jumping was more intense while I was playing. When I closed the game down the cursor stopped moving and is now (almost) completely still.

Really strange. Does anyone have any ideas about this one?

:)

reg42, Feb 11, 2019
  2. tpgillam Win User

OneNote page jumps when moving mouse if marker is present

This is a bug report rather than a question - do please advise if there is somewhere more appropriate to send it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a page containing exactly one text box, with a single word
    2. Label this line with a "marker", e.g. check box or question mark.
    3. Move the mouse repeatedly over and out of/into the textbox area.
    Expected response: nothing to happen except for the mouse cursor to move.

Observed response: the whole view jumps horizontally sporadically.

Details: I'm using OneNote for Windows 10, version 17.9226.20641.0. Windows 10 is version 1709, build 16299.431.

Additional comments:

Whilst reproducible in a very small example as described above, the problem is more pernicious in a more heavily populated page that contains a mix of text and images. Moving the cursor still results in horizontal jumping, but sometimes the entire view gradually
    shifts to one side. This jumping is visually jarring, and greatly detracting to the overall experience.

Moved from Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

tpgillam, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Mouse jumping around and even moving screen without touching mouse

Mouse keeps jumping around. Even having trouble reading comments. Did install Touchfreeze. Tried changing battery in mouse. Still jumping around. Help!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PatThompson1313, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own - Similar Threads - Mouse jumping around

2. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  3. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  4. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  6. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  7. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. This is happening in Hotmail and Notepad. Very frustrating. Windows 10 has other...
  9. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moving on its own: I was looking on chrome for Minecraft skins and then out of no where my mouse stopped working properly, This started after an update icon appeared on my tray at the bottom right corner, It does not move when I lock the touch pad, It may be my computer but I have done nothing...
  10. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...