Windows 10: Mouse jumps top right every few seconds

Discus and support Mouse jumps top right every few seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the last 3 months the USB Logitech mouse on my 4 year old Chillblast Windows 10 PC i7, 16Gb has started jumping resetting to the top right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roland Woodhambury, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Mouse jumps top right every few seconds

In the last 3 months the USB Logitech mouse on my 4 year old Chillblast Windows 10 PC i7, 16Gb has started jumping resetting to the top right of screen at random intervals of 4-15 seconds. Quite often this occurs while I happen to press the left mouse button so in effect clicking on the top right "x"causing whatever is open full screen to close and making the PC almost unusable. The resets seem to be far more frequent after a restart. In the last few weeks the mouse seemed to start freezing as well for several seconds multiple times per minute.

After not being able to recover previous system images, and having tried several fixes including rebooting in safe mode, Norton virus scans, uninstalling recent updates, installing new mouse drivers, logging in under a new account and various tweaks to the mouse config, nothing seemed to work so I elected to take a back-up and do a hard reset of WIndows 10. As expected all data and apps were wiped and the operating system re-installed from scratch. All went smoothly with no error messages.

As expected having cleaned out all the clutter the system now runs much faster and the mouse freezes have stopped. However the frequent mouse resets continue several time a minute. I tried several different USB mice but they too had the same reset problem.

I'm out of ideas on what to try next, maybe replace the USB card or try a wired mouse? Does any one have any practical ideas to solve apart from buying a new PC?

:)

Roland Woodhambury, Jan 2, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jan 2, 2020
  3. mouse jumping

how can I stop my mouse from jumping to the top of the page every few seconds of me scrolling. I can be in the middle of reading an article and it jumps to the top of the page. Im also trying to do a clean up check and it wont complete

CandyMusic, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Mouse jumps top right every few seconds

Mouse Cursour jumps to top right corner on feedback smiley

Dear all,

Just installed Windows 10 with IE 11 a few days ago.

I now observed that the mouse cursor regularly jumps on the Feedback Smiley button on the top right Corner during Surfing.

As you can imagine, this is very annoying and frustrating.

Is there any way to avoid this behaviour?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Sebastian_Munich, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Mouse jumps top right every few seconds

1. Mouse jumps top right every few seconds - Similar Threads - Mouse jumps top

2. Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen: Hi, I've been having a problem with my mouse cursor for the past few days and the problem just started at of no where. At random times the mouse cursor will jump to the top right of the screen. I have tried most troubleshooting methods I could find and was wondering if anyone...
  3. Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen: Hi, I've been having a problem with my mouse cursor for the past few days and the problem just started at of no where. At random times the mouse cursor will jump to the top right of the screen. I have tried most troubleshooting methods I could find and was wondering if anyone...
  4. Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  9. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds: I have read every page of the forum on the subject: "File Explorer Keeps Jumping Back To The Top" and the most poplular solution regarding turning off the "Automactically Select Color" option referred to apparently has nothing to do with my problem because I have gone in to...
  10. My Mouse freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Mouse freezes every few seconds: I do not know why but my mouse keeps freezing every few seconds for about 0.5 seconds. I have updated all my drivers and have looked at multiple videos, but nothing. Can you please help me on this?...