Windows 10: Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

Discus and support Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have reset the Acer Aspire XC-603G desktop due to the mouse clicking on its own as well as right clicking. Reset done successfully. Mouse is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

I have reset the Acer Aspire XC-603G desktop due to the mouse clicking on its own as well as right clicking.

Reset done successfully.

Mouse is better, but it's still right clicking on it's own.

This is my mom's PC.

Please help be of assistance.

Thanks,

:)

Jesse Williams, Mar 27, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Mouse keeps right clicking

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would request you to update the chipset drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Jessen P, Mar 27, 2018
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    Mouse keeps right clicking

Hello Jessen P / Microsoft Team,

I am experiencing the same issue as leviskinner in that my mouse keeps right-clicking on its own.

I've read your suggested solution, but I need further guidance because I am unsure about something. Please refer to my queries in brackets under (c) and (d) below:

You suggested:

a: Press Windows key +X.

b: Then click Device Manager.

c: Click Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    (I assume you mean expand the USB Bus Controller category by clicking on the arrowhead on the left)

d: Right click the USB (which USB as there are 2 Generic USB Hub, USB Composite Device, USB Mass Storage Device, 2 USB Root Hub and a USB Root Hub (xHCI) on my system. Kindly be more specific.)

e: Click Uninstall

then Reboot computer while mouse is inserted in USB.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Andrew

YanAndrew, Mar 27, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

Hi.
    Have you tried a different mouse? different USB port?

simrick, Mar 27, 2018
  5. Word Man Win User
    Also, have you confirmed that the right click button on the mouse isn;t just mechanically stuck in the down position? Tap on it a few times to see if you can sense it releasing back to neutral position?

Word Man, Mar 27, 2018
  6. No, but I will try and see what happens.

7. It doesn't act as if it is stuck.

8. Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

It almost acts as if it's got a bug or a virus. Because before I reset it, it was clicking the Start Menu automatically. At one point, it even shut the computer down or restarted it one.

9. simrick Win User
    Remote access?
    Have you run scans for infections?

simrick, Mar 27, 2018
  10. I run a quick scan daily. The quick scan didn’t detect anything.

Jesse Williams, Mar 28, 2018
  11. RickC Win User
    Here's an online mouse tester.

I've just used it and it worked well for me except I had to use 'Force Reset' (CTRL+F5) to reset the mouse tester (or swap to the keyboard tester and back again).

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 28, 2018
  12. Thank you! *Smile I will run it now to see what it detects.

13. Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

I ran it and it seemed to check out okay. All was green.

14. I changed USB ports, and it didn’t help.

15. It seems worse this time actually.

Thema:

Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

1. Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault. - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps clicking

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  4. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  5. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  6. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  7. Mouse Keeps right clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Keeps right clicking: My logitech g402 mouse keeps right clicking and I cannot operate my computer. I tried plugging my old dell mouse to see if it was a problem with the logitech but I had the same issue. I have tried updateng windows to no avail, and am wondering what I should do next...
  8. Right mouse click

Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  9. Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click: The right click on my wireless Microsoft mouse does not work. Is there a setting I need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-click/7aeebcf6-760f-4e8d-90d7-023c6e2400c6
  10. mouse keeps randomly right clicking

mouse keeps randomly right clicking: so i bought a new computer and i noticed when i am online my right mouse will click on it's own and the right menu will show. this has never happened before with any other computer or mouse i have owned. i bought the same type of computer i had a few weeks ago and that mouse...