Windows 10: Mouse keeps doubleclicking while button is held down (definitely NOT a hardware issue)....

Discus and support Mouse keeps doubleclicking while button is held down (definitely NOT a hardware issue).... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this is a very annoying issue as you might imagine since I do a lot of photoshop work. The unwanted double clicks register really often on a mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BedroomShredder, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Mouse keeps doubleclicking while button is held down (definitely NOT a hardware issue)....

So this is a very annoying issue as you might imagine since I do a lot of photoshop work. The unwanted double clicks register really often on a mouse drag or single click. I know its not my mouse or drivers since Ive tried different mice and updated my drivers. I also know its not a usb port since ive tried all my ports and even tried the mouse on another computer where it worked fine. The double clicking also causes unwanted "unclicking" when dragging stuff. Its near impossible to even highlight text on my screen since it keeps unclicking and restarting the highlight halfway through the text due to the double click if that makes sense. Its probably an issue with the operating system itself since I recently upgraded from Windows 7 and started having he mouse issue about a month after. Curious if anyone who's had this problem can give me any insight since I cant take it anymore. Thanks a bunch

submitted by /u/BedroomShredder
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BedroomShredder, Apr 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 mouse issues

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 9, 2021
  3. mouse lag

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted about the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Mouse keeps doubleclicking while button is held down (definitely NOT a hardware issue)....

Mouse buttons do not respond on wake-up

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Mouse keeps doubleclicking while button is held down (definitely NOT a hardware issue)....

1. Mouse keeps doubleclicking while button is held down (definitely NOT a hardware issue).... - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps doubleclicking

2. My start button gets held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa
  3. My start button gets held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa
  4. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys spamming while held down: My keyboard is typing same key twice when held downalso.. the special keys alt,ctrl,win spams when i try to hold it down for shortcuts.and this is the scene for only my PC.. in my laptop, it works totally fine..i tried most of the things.. like deleting the driver and...
  5. keys spamming while held down

keys spamming while held down: My keyboard is typing same key twice when held downalso.. the special keys alt,ctrl,win spams when i try to hold it down for shortcuts.and this is the scene for only my PC.. in my laptop, it works totally fine..i tried most of the things.. like deleting the driver and...
  6. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows: Three different devices; one brand-new PC with Windows 11; one two-year-old PC with Windows 10; and one one-year-old laptop with Windows 11. For the last few days, inexplicably, the primary mouse button keeps changing from left to right. This is happening DURING use - not...
  8. Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows

Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows: Three different devices; one brand-new PC with Windows 11; one two-year-old PC with Windows 10; and one one-year-old laptop with Windows 11. For the last few days, inexplicably, the primary mouse button keeps changing from left to right. This is happening DURING use - not...
  9. mouse buttons keep switching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  10. mouse buttons keep switching

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...