Windows 10: Mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Team, I am writing to seek help to address a weird problem in my Windows 10. The mouse keeps freezing randomly. It frequently freezes during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Syed H, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Syed H Win User

Mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10

Hello Team,

I am writing to seek help to address a weird problem in my Windows 10. The mouse keeps freezing randomly.

1. It frequently freezes during online chat/call sessions Teams/Zoom
    2. I also noticed it freezing very frequently on Chrome Windows

The keyboard response is ok during the mouse freeze. Out of irritation, I did a full clean reinstall of Windows 10 and updated all the drivers to date. It still freezes randomly.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Processor: AMD FXtm-8350 Eight-Core Processor 8 CPUs, ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

I am using Wireless Mouse. Please help me fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Syed H

:)

Syed H, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Mouse cursor keeps freezing

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• When does the mouse freeze?
    • Are you using a USB mouse or touchpad of laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

However, you can try updating the mouse driver and check if that resolves the issue. Follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the mouse drivers.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2020
  3. mouse keeps freezing

Hi Larry,

In some instances, your mouse may keep on freezing if there are some pending updates on your Windows 10 PC. We suggest you install available Windows updates and check if that helps you. If the issue still persists, you may run
    Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers.

Update us with the outcome.

Jenicel Dri, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10

1. Mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps freezing

2. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Keeps Freezing: Hello My Mouse Keeps Freezing Even After I Bought A New Mouse And Change Ports What Can Be Causing The Problem .I Just Got A Windows 10 And It Never Happened On Windows 7 .So Can Anybody Help Me ?...
  3. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Keeps Freezing: Hello My Mouse Keeps Freezing Even After I Bought A New Mouse And Change Ports What Can Be Causing The Problem .I Just Got A Windows 10 And It Never Happened On Windows 7 .So Can Anybody Help Me ?...
  4. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse keeps freezing: Hey guys, this is drifving me nuts trying to fix, usually have some IT friends to help with this one but they are stuck as well.IssueMouse keeps freezing I have noticed it seems to happen more when starting to play a video or opening new program, but i'm not 100% sure this is...
  6. mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse keeps freezing: Hey guys, this is drifving me nuts trying to fix, usually have some IT friends to help with this one but they are stuck as well.IssueMouse keeps freezing I have noticed it seems to happen more when starting to play a video or opening new program, but i'm not 100% sure this is...
  7. mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing: so I did the latest windows 10 update and ever since I did it my pc will freeze for a second every 5 ish seconds I don't know if its my mouse because i check for driver updates and nothing i uninstalled my mouse and that didn't fix it (new mouse as well). I also just...
  9. Mouse Keep Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Keep Freezing: I think it has been a month or so but my mouse keeps freezing. It has never been for more than 30ish seconds but it is still very frustrating. I made sure I had the latest windows update and that all my drivers were updated. But the problem has persisted. I would appreciate...
  10. Windows 10 keeps freezing the mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps freezing the mouse and keyboard: Hi there! I'm a part of an IT department in a hospital. all the clients here are joint to a domain. it's just about a month that most of the client systems keep hanging. The mouse and the keyboard don't work and we have to restart the whole machine with the physical reset...