Windows 10: mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together

Discus and support mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my mouse keeps freezing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and rebooting my computer, but it's still got the same problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by c_046, Jan 24, 2021.

1. c_046 Win User

mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together

my mouse keeps freezing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and rebooting my computer, but it's still got the same problem.

:)

c_046, Jan 24, 2021

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Mouse cursor keeps freezing

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• When does the mouse freeze?
    • Are you using a USB mouse or touchpad of laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

However, you can try updating the mouse driver and check if that resolves the issue. Follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the mouse drivers.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 24, 2021
  4. mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together

1. mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together - Similar Threads - mouse keeps freezing

2. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Keeps Freezing: Hello My Mouse Keeps Freezing Even After I Bought A New Mouse And Change Ports What Can Be Causing The Problem .I Just Got A Windows 10 And It Never Happened On Windows 7 .So Can Anybody Help Me ?...
  3. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Keeps Freezing: Hello My Mouse Keeps Freezing Even After I Bought A New Mouse And Change Ports What Can Be Causing The Problem .I Just Got A Windows 10 And It Never Happened On Windows 7 .So Can Anybody Help Me ?...
  4. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse keeps freezing: Hey guys, this is drifving me nuts trying to fix, usually have some IT friends to help with this one but they are stuck as well.IssueMouse keeps freezing I have noticed it seems to happen more when starting to play a video or opening new program, but i'm not 100% sure this is...
  6. mouse keeps freezing

mouse keeps freezing: Hey guys, this is drifving me nuts trying to fix, usually have some IT friends to help with this one but they are stuck as well.IssueMouse keeps freezing I have noticed it seems to happen more when starting to play a video or opening new program, but i'm not 100% sure this is...
  7. Would this all work together?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would this all work together?: Im trying to build a pc for under £750 and im wondering whether this would all work together and would it fit in the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-this-all-work-together/8d6dc065-3a0b-4598-941b-b75b79cf98e8
  8. Would this all work together?

Would this all work together?: Im trying to build a pc for under £750 and im wondering whether this would all work together and would it fit in the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-this-all-work-together/8d6dc065-3a0b-4598-941b-b75b79cf98e8
  9. Mouse Keep Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Keep Freezing: I think it has been a month or so but my mouse keeps freezing. It has never been for more than 30ish seconds but it is still very frustrating. I made sure I had the latest windows update and that all my drivers were updated. But the problem has persisted. I would appreciate...
  10. Game freezes then mouse click stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game freezes then mouse click stop working: It started to happen a couple of days ago: 1. I'm playing a game using a controller and a headphone, both connected via Bluetooth. 2. The game randomly freezes but comes back. While frozen, the controller loses connection but not the headphone. 3. It eventually freezes...