Windows 10: Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

Discus and support Mouse keeps going back to home screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My mouse keeps going back to the home screen by itself. Also, random apps will open sporadically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MShaver21, May 25, 2022.

1. MShaver21 Win User

Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

My mouse keeps going back to the home screen by itself. Also, random apps will open sporadically.

:)

MShaver21, May 25, 2022

2. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive at lock screen

Hi Sean,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
      Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, May 25, 2022
  3. Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, May 25, 2022
  4. Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

MICROSOFT MOUSE PROGRAM

Hi Richard,

Since the above suggestions didn't work on your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below for us to further locate the device driver that has been causing conflict on your system.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Devices.
    • Scroll down, then select Device manager.
    • Look for the mouse icon, then click it.
    • Right-click on the available drivers.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Re-connect your Microsoft mouse, so that the system will reinstall the correct driver.

Keep us updated with the result so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

1. Mouse keeps going back to home screen. - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps going

2. How to go back to windows home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to windows home screen: I am stuck on the windows setup for windows 10 and I want to go back to windows homescreen but don't know how I have already tried going to repair your computer and did not find any option to go back to windows please help...
  3. How to go back to windows home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to windows home screen: I am stuck on the windows setup for windows 10 and I want to go back to windows homescreen but don't know how I have already tried going to repair your computer and did not find any option to go back to windows please help...
  4. My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers: After a couple hours from restarting my laptop my laptop starts to go back to the first page it started on. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-going-back-to-the-home-page-on/8970dd2a-d116-4169-ab95-679e12c25c4c
  5. My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers

My laptop keeps going back to the home page on browsers: After a couple hours from restarting my laptop my laptop starts to go back to the first page it started on. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-going-back-to-the-home-page-on/8970dd2a-d116-4169-ab95-679e12c25c4c
  6. Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

Mouse keeps going back to home screen.: My mouse keeps going back to the home screen by itself. Also, random apps will open sporadically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-going-back-to-home-screen/deb0c16e-25b9-459d-bd18-d3ec4a35b968
  7. Mouse keeps going back to home screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse keeps going back to home screen.: My mouse keeps going back to the home screen by itself. Also, random apps will open sporadically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-going-back-to-home-screen/deb0c16e-25b9-459d-bd18-d3ec4a35b968
  8. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeps going back to LOGIN screen: Windows 10, version 21H2, Updated to December 14, 2021—KB5008212My computer keeps going back to the logon screen after a few minutes so then I have to enter my password again and again. After a few minutes of no use it goes back to the sign in page all over again. Screen...
  9. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

Keeps going back to LOGIN screen: Windows 10, version 21H2, Updated to December 14, 2021—KB5008212My computer keeps going back to the logon screen after a few minutes so then I have to enter my password again and again. After a few minutes of no use it goes back to the sign in page all over again. Screen...
  10. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade