Windows 10: Mouse keeps losing focus of active window

Discus and support Mouse keeps losing focus of active window in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Getting super annoying, so what's happening for example is if I'm playing league of legends, or browsing the internet, watching youtube etc the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skiizm, Mar 7, 2020.

1. /u/Skiizm Win User

Mouse keeps losing focus of active window

Getting super annoying, so what's happening for example is if I'm playing league of legends, or browsing the internet, watching youtube etc the window will become unfocused, requiring me to click inside the window again. This is especially annoying while gaming.

I've tried doing alt+f4 when it does that, and it just brings the focus back, and I've also got AHK's window spy open to see if I can see which window is requesting focus, but it just has the window I was in when it happened. Same with alt-tabbing, just appears as if I'm alt-tabbing from the window I want to be in.

Does anyone know of anything else that will help me fix this or any reason why this might be happening? I'm on the latest version of Windows 10.

submitted by /u/Skiizm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skiizm, Mar 7, 2020
  2. compupix Win User

Active Window Loses Focus

Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've made no changes to this program since last year!
    The program that loses focus is frequently, but not always, Google Chrome.
    The program the gets focus is always Impact Software Einstime.
    Google Chrome "is up to date" Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Einstime 4.7.0000
    Windows 10.0.17763
    Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000

Thanks!

compupix, Mar 7, 2020
  3. A Garland Win User
    Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse

Intermittently, Win10 windows would lose focus about every 5 seconds. Sometimes this was fixed by restarting. I looked at my mouse driver configuration.

I use a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box. I think this is only slightly relevant.

I found that two mice were listed under hardware drivers, one active and one disabled.

I uninstalled the disabled entry.

The problem immediately went away.

A Garland, Mar 7, 2020
  4. SmetWin10 Win User

Losing focus

Hello,

I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on the power off button to select restart, shutdown or sleep, it loses focus on this to so it looks like i pressed esc.
    An other example: when i press 'windows+r' and start typing my focus jumps away and i need to click the textbox again to finish typing.

Things i tried:
    unplugging keyboard, mouse.
    When I start windows in safe mode the problem is not there.
    installing updates

winver: version: 1809 build: 17763.504

- - - Updated - - -

I found the service causing the problem, it's called 'cloudcaputereservice' & 'cloudcapture'
    When i kill those 2 processes the bug stops but it keeps returning when i restart my pc.

SmetWin10, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse keeps losing focus of active window - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps losing

2. Bluetooth Mouse keeps losing connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Mouse keeps losing connectivity: I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Sculpture Mouse connected to a Lenovo Laptop. When the mouse works it works perfectly but it keeps loosing connection. The Laptop is running windows 10 1909. I can be using the mouse and click on something move the mouse and notice the cursor does...
  3. Mouseclick loses focus of current window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouseclick loses focus of current window: Since a couple of days, whenever I use the mouse and make a mouseclick (left, right or middle) Windows loses focus of its current window - there's no program in focus. When a window is focused (using alt-tab or by opening a new window) using the keyboard works flawlessly...
  4. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  5. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  6. Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse: Intermittently, Win10 windows would lose focus about every 5 seconds. Sometimes this was fixed by restarting. I looked at my mouse driver configuration. I use a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box. I think this is only slightly relevant. I found that two mice were listed under...
  7. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window. I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing...
  8. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...
  9. Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse drag loses focus since Windows 10 v1607 update: Dear all, I have this issue that has been driving me nuts ever since I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro x64 to v1607 (from 1507) recently. It's a desktop PC with a trusty old Logitech MX518 plugged into a back panel USB 2.0 slot. Same symptom with or without Logitech Gaming...
  10. Losing focus on top window

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus on top window: Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's...