Windows 10: Mouse keeps randomly clicking after new windows update

Discus and support Mouse keeps randomly clicking after new windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Ever since the latest Windows 10 update I've received on my PC (1903) I've been having some mouse problems, such as: The computer thinks I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leopold Reinhold, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Mouse keeps randomly clicking after new windows update

Hello!

Ever since the latest Windows 10 update I've received on my PC (1903) I've been having some mouse problems, such as:

• The computer thinks I'm right clicking even though I'm not even touching my mouse
    • My left clicks sometimes get registered at right clicks
    • Sometimes I can only click inside of one window. If I try to click inside of another window or on the desktop, the click won't register.

So far I've tried these things, with no result:

• Uninstalling the latest Windows update
    • Reinstalling my mouse drivers
    • Switching ports
    • Checking for ClickLock
    • Making sure that my mouse buttons are not inverted
    • Scanning for virus/malware

I've tried plugging other mouse into this PC and they all have the same problem. However, when I plugged my original mouse into a different PC, the same problem did not occur again.

I would appreciate any help You can provide.

Thanks!

:)

Leopold Reinhold, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Mouse randomly clicking?

Thanks for following up. Based on the information you provided, the first thing that I can suggest to you is the hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click View All.
    • From the list of troubleshooters, click Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Once done, please let us know the outcome, or if you come up with any error message so we can further investigate.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall drivers from the manufacturer's website manually. See
    How to find and download drivers from the manufacturers website
    section of this article from
    Andre Da Costa for more information and steps. Make sure that you choose the most stable driver for your mouse, even if it is not the latest version, and see how it goes.

Keep us on the loop for updates regarding this case.

Mark Isi, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Mouse keeps randomly clicking after new windows update

hama compact mouse randomly right clicks

Get no script

eidairaman1, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Mouse keeps randomly clicking after new windows update

1. Mouse keeps randomly clicking after new windows update - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps randomly

2. Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking: Hi, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and my cursor started randomly left-clicking and right-clicking out of nowhere.The effect is that when I'm moving my mouse around, it randomly holds down the left-click key for example and everything on the application I'm using gets selected...
  3. Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking: Hi, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and my cursor started randomly left-clicking and right-clicking out of nowhere.The effect is that when I'm moving my mouse around, it randomly holds down the left-click key for example and everything on the application I'm using gets selected...
  4. Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse keeps double clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse keeps double clicking: How do I successfully stop my Microsoft mouse from randomly double-clicking?There must be a way to make a driver that works that can be pushed out as an update.The risk and hassle of random double-clicks is very real, perpetually unsettling and leaves the user feeling anxious...
  6. Mouse clicks randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse clicks randomly: Last night and currently, my wireless mouse has been randomly clicking. It only really happens in Chrome. Tested with edge and a few games as well as desktop. Nothing seems to happen. But when I use chrome it just clicks randomly. I tried checking for viruses using defender...
  7. Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds. Possible virus?: Hi, I keep hearing random mouse clicking sounds on my computer. Even when no application is open or my pc is muted. A few times a minute I'll hear mouse clicking sounds. I used AVG anti-virus to check and nothing came up. As of writing this, I am downloading malwarebytes as...
  8. random mouse button clicks

random mouse button clicks: random mouse button clicks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-button-clicks/98d1dbfe-2154-4d17-a708-d7fa3ee5a8d3
  9. mouse keeps randomly right clicking

mouse keeps randomly right clicking: so i bought a new computer and i noticed when i am online my right mouse will click on it's own and the right menu will show. this has never happened before with any other computer or mouse i have owned. i bought the same type of computer i had a few weeks ago and that mouse...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...