Windows 10: Mouse keeps randomly disappearing

Discus and support Mouse keeps randomly disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I'm having to deal with my mouse constantly disappearing. I'll turn on or wake up my computer to use it, and it will be gone randomly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TJ2802, Jul 2, 2019.

1. TJ2802 Win User

Mouse keeps randomly disappearing

Hey everyone!

I'm having to deal with my mouse constantly disappearing.
    I'll turn on or wake up my computer to use it, and it will be gone randomly. It's happening on a weekly basis; sometimes for days. I am sick of how unreliable my computer is. Has anyone got any suggestions or could help me? I would really really appreciate it.

I'm not super computer savvy. Here are my details if they can help?

Lenovo ideapad 320-15AST
    Windows 10 Home version 1803
    Processor: AMD A9-9420 Radeon R5, 5 compute cores 2c+3g 3.00gHz
    8 GB RAM

Things that have helped me get my mouse back: un-installing and reinstalling the drivers via device manager, updating my computer, force shutdowns, disabling and re-enabling the mouse via settings in control panel. However, this only works for a short while and doesn't fix the problem permanently.

:)

TJ2802, Jul 2, 2019

2. mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Mouse randomly clicking?

Thanks for following up. Based on the information you provided, the first thing that I can suggest to you is the hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click View All.
    • From the list of troubleshooters, click Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Once done, please let us know the outcome, or if you come up with any error message so we can further investigate.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall drivers from the manufacturer's website manually. See
    How to find and download drivers from the manufacturers website
    section of this article from
    Andre Da Costa for more information and steps. Make sure that you choose the most stable driver for your mouse, even if it is not the latest version, and see how it goes.

Keep us on the loop for updates regarding this case.

Mark Isi, Jul 2, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

Mouse keeps randomly disappearing [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse keeps randomly disappearing - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps randomly

2. mouse keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse keeps disconnecting randomly: When playing games such as Valorant and CSGO my mouse and keyboard seem to disconnect and reconnect randomly. I have been searching for a solution to this problem and nothing I try seems to help. I have already tried what is in the attachment. Can anyone help?...
  3. mouse keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse keeps disconnecting randomly: When playing games such as Valorant and CSGO my mouse and keyboard seem to disconnect and reconnect randomly. I have been searching for a solution to this problem and nothing I try seems to help. I have already tried what is in the attachment. Can anyone help?...
  4. mouse keeps disappearing frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse keeps disappearing frequently: Why does my mouse disappear on my Asus laptop, I have had it for 2 years and it has happened a number of times in the last few months. All I do is let the laptop sleep or shut down with mouse on screen.Next time I open it the mouse is gone.Have tried rebooting which has...
  5. mouse keeps disappearing frequently

mouse keeps disappearing frequently: Why does my mouse disappear on my Asus laptop, I have had it for 2 years and it has happened a number of times in the last few months. All I do is let the laptop sleep or shut down with mouse on screen.Next time I open it the mouse is gone.Have tried rebooting which has...
  6. Mouse Keeps Disappearing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Keeps Disappearing Windows 11: This is a very bizarre issue, and I for the life of me CANNOT find an answer or even anyone asking the same question as me. My cursor, disappears, no matter what I do, whenever it enters any sort of text related portion of a window. For example, where this becomes mighty...
  7. Mouse Keeps Disappearing Windows 11

Mouse Keeps Disappearing Windows 11: This is a very bizarre issue, and I for the life of me CANNOT find an answer or even anyone asking the same question as me. My cursor, disappears, no matter what I do, whenever it enters any sort of text related portion of a window. For example, where this becomes mighty...
  8. Mouse pointer keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer keeps disappearing: I'm not sure what button is getting pushed or if I'm doing something wrong, but every so often with no warning or intent on my part, the mouse pointer disappears. It takes forever to get to settings to reset it because I can't see where it is. Is there a way to lock my...
  9. Mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing.: Hello! This problem has been annoying me all week. My mouse would disappear then reappear, then disappear again several minutes later. This would go on and on. Is there a solution to permanently fix this issue?...
  10. My Mouse keeps disappearing. HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse keeps disappearing. HELP!: I'm using a Dell OptiPlex 9020 AIO. Every time I use the touchscreen my pointer disappears. Even if I move my mouse to try to re-activate the pointer, it still does not show. I can only see the location of it by pressing Ctrl. In order to fix this, I have to go to Mouse...