Windows 10: Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

Discus and support Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nuggetinu, Dec 6, 2017.

1. nuggetinu Win User

Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

Hi,

I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried:

Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked the first HID keyboard and ticked the second one, only the mouse was able wake the PC from sleep.
    If I tick only the first one, both mouse and keyboard can wake the computer from sleep. I am yet to find a solution to prohibit only the mouse from waking up the computer.

Any solution how to prevent only the mouse from waking up the PC?

Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep [​IMG]

:)

nuggetinu, Dec 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 updates shut down pc, not restart.

Every time W10 updates (you know, at 4am), it shuts down my pc entirely, and doesn't return it to the mode I left it in.

Hibernate is off / set to never, so the PC should enter hybrid sleep. I don't have a password set for waking from hybrid sleep, and neither my mouse nor keyboard work to wake up the PC, I have to full on power button, and enter my password, so I know it's
    going to full shut down and not hybrid sleep.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Also, my mouse won't wake up my pc from hybrid sleep, only keyboard, and I can't find a setting to change it either in the mouse settings or windows settings (it's USB like the keyboard, so should wake on USB, but doesn't).

Help please? !! Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep :)

BreeDulmage, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Prevent mouse from waking up monitors

Hi,

This does not solve the problem. As I mentioned before, it is a known issue, and is not classified as a problem by Windows.. Most laser mouses wake up the computer and the monitors. But for sleeping mode, there is an option to prevent the mouse from waking
    up the PC, and for turned off monitors there isn't...

Guy Rosenmann, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

It's easier to find in the conventional Control Panel [put control in the Taskbar Search box then click on it] but also available in one of the Settings items about Mouse where it can be set to Wake on Mouse, remove the checkmark.

Berton, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep - Similar Threads - Mouse keeps waking

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  5. PC keeps waking from sleep

PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  6. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  7. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  8. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

9. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.: My PC keeps waking up from sleep every few minutes. Some time it can go longer without waking up. I've tried this solution but it didn't work. Here's my "powercfg -lastwake" output but I'm not sure what it means. submitted by /u/justAreallyLONGname [link] [comments]...
  10. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...