Windows 10: Mouse & Keyboard Center/"STOP 0xC000021A" error

Discus and support Mouse & Keyboard Center/"STOP 0xC000021A" error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried booting 3 times with same result. Dual booting 10TP with 8.1 Pro. 10TP boots, I log in fine, and about 20 seconds in it states that MS Mouse &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony K, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Tony K Win User

Mouse & Keyboard Center/"STOP 0xC000021A" error

Tried booting 3 times with same result. Dual booting 10TP with 8.1 Pro. 10TP boots, I log in fine, and about 20 seconds in it states that MS Mouse & Keyboard Center has failed. It writes a report to send. Then about 10/15 seconds later I get a blue reboot/collecting data screen with a "STOP 0xC000021A" error. So I look that up: ttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

That states some causes.

•Mismatched system files have been installed.
    •A Service Pack installation has failed.
    •A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
    •An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

I do have an MS Arc mouse. This all runs fine in 8.1. I’m thinking OK, MS Mouse & Keyboard Center had installed via Windows Update automatically and perhaps it didn't load correctly or it’s incompatible. I look to see that it’s not working in JDobbsy1987 thread of working/not working apps. Sure enough it's there, although that thread hasn’t been updated lately. Windows 10 Preview Tested Apps Trouble is that I don’t know when it installed. Usually I get a settings screen after it installs, but I just don’t remember that.

Anywho, I know I won’t have time to go in and uninstall or any other task. Also keeping in mind the other potential causes and suggestions/remedies. So I go back to 8.1 and make a 10TP Safe Mode. Boot into it with a warning off the bat that states "explorer.exe warning. Unknown hard error", which I’ll assume it’s Mouse & Keyboard center. Soon after it shuts down with the "STOP 0xC000021A" error reboot screen.

Any ideas? I suppose reinstall is in order, but catching MS Mouse and Keyboard before installing is impossible since I'm not able to shut off automatic updates unless it’s possible to uncheck "Give me updates for other MS products when I update Windows”. Would someone please check if that’s greyed out too?

Mouse & Keyboard Center/"STOP 0xC000021A" error [​IMG]

:)

Tony K, Dec 7, 2014
  2. John582n Win User

I am losing characters on my keyboard in Windows 10

Try uninstalling the "Microsoft mouse & keyboard center" and see if anything changes - maybe it is corrupt? Windows Update will want to reinstall it.

John582n, Dec 7, 2014
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel too fast after Windows 10 Upgrade

where do I find Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center program

MartinWilson1, Dec 7, 2014
  4. labeeman Win User

You can uncheck that it is not greyed out you can also uncheck get recommended updates also.

labeeman, Dec 7, 2014
  5. Tony K Win User
    Thanks, labeeman. That means at least it's not a waste on time reinstalling.

Anyone else have or had this problem?

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse & Keyboard Center/"STOP 0xC000021A" error - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard Center

2. Keyboard and Mouse Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Center: Hi, I was playing a video game where F1 was a necessary hot key, but then all of a sudden pressing F1 made my computer go into power saving mode. I wanted to reassign F1 a different function using Keyboard and Mouse Center, but it says it doesn't detect any devices. I looked...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard center.

Mouse and Keyboard center.: Im still having a problem with the M & KB center. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. im on a dell inspiron 15 3593. Please help.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-center/c20586b2-6654-45da-9d71-f7cb17816d02
  4. Mouse and keyboard center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse and keyboard center: I have created a macro in Microsoft mouse and keyboard center doing commands between excel and internet explorer. It works perfectly when Repeat-None is selected. I want to to repeat so have tried both toggle mode and press and hold mode but as soon as it switches from excel...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard Center

Mouse and Keyboard Center: I can’t configure the keyboard in this app because the mouse is the only visible thing there. However, there is no settings for keyboard. My PC is running Windows 10, 1909....
  6. Stop error code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop error code 0xc000021a: Hello, I am looking for a command to run in the command promo to get back into my computer and online, stop error code 0xc000021a, look up on Ytube and ran on the c directory c: chkdsk/f/r and it ran through the batches and when done said stage one 0 bad file records...
  7. Stop code 0xc000021a error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop code 0xc000021a error: Hello, every one..need serious help. I am currently using windows 10 genuine Recently my windows got two updates i don't remember but those were feature updates, I installed them but one wasn't successful,the second one which gave me error and asked to retry install and the...
  8. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center setup error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center setup error: I've downloaded MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_12.181.exe without issues, from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051843/accessories-mouse-keyboard-center-download . Upon "Run as Administrator" it goes through the usual setup-type process, I think giving me an EULA,...
  9. Mouse not visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center

Mouse not visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center: I use Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse, The first is visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center, but not the mouse. The mouse does work, however one of the reasons I have chosen this particular mouse is the additional settings in Microsoft...
  10. Error code 0XC000021a "Keyboard & Mouse stopped working"

Error code 0XC000021a "Keyboard & Mouse stopped working": My win 10 computer has just started giving me the above error code. I can log in using mouse & keyboard, but when I get to the start screen I get the above error code 0XC000021a. I have tried several times to do a fix, like shutting off the power supply, rebooting,...
Tags: