Windows 10: Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation?

Discus and support Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Awesome thank you Addram Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gremar, Apr 4, 2018.

1. gremar Win User

Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation?

Awesome thank you Addram

gremar, Apr 4, 2018
  2. gremar Win User

Hi,
    My computer is running windows 10.
    I want to dual-boot Windows 10 with Windows 7, installed windows 7 in different HHD, everything was going well until the PC boot and presented with a page where I have to select the language but the mouse and keyboard are frozen; I plug them in a different USB port but no joy. I googled it but I couldn’t find a solution. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Thank you.

Asus Z170 pro gaming
    I5-6600k
    Vengeance LPX 16 GB

:)

gremar, Apr 14, 2018
  3. GraviLEE Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes after about 3 minutes!

Hi LakshyaRaghav, my keyboard and mouse properly works during the first 3 minutes of the boot. It after a short while where the computer freezes up and everything is unable to be used. At the moment I do not think it is a keyboard and mouse compatibility
    issue. I believe it might be an update that I installed for Windows that could be causing this.

GraviLEE, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation?

High CPU usage when Windows Defender perform a Full Scan in Windows 10

I've an I77700HQ/16GB Asus laptop and Windows Defender has the same behaviour. During the full scan it freezes keyboard and mouse cursor too!

-Gianluca-, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Sounds like a driver issue. Have you tried using a PS2 or USB 2.0 port for the keyboard and mouse?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    Agree, if they are USB be sure to use USB 2 ports as they are supported in the BIOS but USB 3 ports need to have drivers loaded as Windows starts up or has loaded otherwise USB 3 devices won't work. Check the color of the center of the ports, USB 2 is usually black and USB 3 are usually blue although combo ports may be black as I've seen on some Notebooks. If there are USB 3 ports they may be marked as SS for SuperSpeed.

Berton, Apr 15, 2018
  7. gremar Win User
    Thank you for the replay, yes, I was using USB 2 port for the mouse and keyboard and I have tried an PS2 keyboard and it freeze as well.
    Any other idea?

gremar, Apr 15, 2018
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Can't tell by your specs, but are they wireless KB and Mouse? If so, try basic wired both into USB2.

f14tomcat, Apr 15, 2018
  9. gremar Win User
    No they are wired and they Plugged in USB2 port

gremar, Apr 15, 2018
  10. AddRAM Win User
    The language is pre determined in the installer, not sure why you`re getting a language page.

Download a new Iso

TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1)

Create a W7 installer using Asus EZ Installer software.

[Desktop PC/All-in-One]Windows 7 and USB 3.0 driver installation for Skylake(H110/H170/Z170/B150/Q150/Q170) and Braswell platform | Official Support | ASUS USA

Although, I did not have any issues installing 7 on my Z170 using a dvd and the usb 2.0 ports.

And did you disconnect the W10 drive ?

Keep the 2 systems totally separate from each other, trust me *Smile I only plug in the 7 or 10 ssd on my Z170, depending on which I want to use.

SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Click drivers and tools, select the OS (W7) scroll down to utilities, click See all Downloads, then scroll down to the Asus EZ Installer program, don`t worry about the board model link I posted, it doesn`t matter. The EZ Installer program is the same.

It will give you all the instructions on how to make one, I choose the 3rd method, you need a working PC, a W7 installer or Iso file, and a 4GB flash drive.

AddRAM, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation? - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard freeze

2. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse/keyboard freeze ups

mouse/keyboard freeze ups: I'm having trouble with Windows 10. Every minute or so, my keyboard, mouse and speakers freeze up for 10 to 30 seconds. I replaced the wireless keyboard/mouse with a brand new set, but it's still hanging on me....
  6. Keyboard and mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freeze: Hello, I've finally upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. But there is a problem. While watching YouTube my keyboard and mouse randomly freezes. Never unfreeze. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating, deleting Chrome then reinstalling. This has never happened on Windows 7....
  7. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: Hey all, after some advice! New system, fresh install of win 10, after bootup all is great and after about 5 minutes, both keyboard and mouse freeze? Both are still showing powered and connected. reinstalled drivers, and clean re-install later. Same problem. Anyone...
  8. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop: I apologize if posted in wrong forum here) bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up with the both keyboard and mouse wireless .. but now a few days later after my boot up screen kicks into the desktop mode both...
  9. new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    new mouse keyboard freezing up desktop: I apologize if posted in wrong forum here) bought new keyboard and mouse abotu 5 days ago and initailly it was working fine on first usb start up with the both keyboard and mouse wireless .. but now a few days later after my boot up screen kicks into the desktop mode both...
  10. keyboard and mouse FREEZED

keyboard and mouse FREEZED: Everytimes my system reboots or restart the computer, my mouse and keyboard are freeze up. The mouse and keyboard are plugged at the back of the port. I have to unplug and plug it at the front port, and then uninstall the driver, and then restart my computer. It will...