Windows 10: mouse & keyboard lockup

Discus and support mouse & keyboard lockup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went from v1909 to 20H2 and a couple of times my mouse and keyboard froze. Since it never happened with v1909 I can only assume it is the 20H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LoOld70, Feb 20, 2021.

1. LoOld70 Win User

mouse & keyboard lockup

I went from v1909 to 20H2 and a couple of times my mouse and keyboard froze. Since it never happened with v1909 I can only assume it is the 20H2 'upgrade'. I don't believe it was a memory issue since I was only surfing with a couple of Edge tabs and Excel open, and I do have 16 GB of RAM.

Any thoughts on how to anticipate an impending mouse/keyboard lockup would be appreciated. We all know how frustrating it is to redo our work.

Dan

:)

LoOld70, Feb 20, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 20, 2021
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 20, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

mouse & keyboard lockup

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

mouse & keyboard lockup

1. mouse & keyboard lockup - Similar Threads - mouse keyboard lockup

2. Win 11 lockup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 lockup: after Win 11 update22H2, mouse and keyboard become unresponsive and need to be hard booted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-lockup/5d7fc645-b55c-4ba9-a328-4967d018af74
  3. When will Microsoft fix the mouse lag and keyboard lockup issues on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft fix the mouse lag and keyboard lockup issues on Windows 11?: I just bough a new Surface laptop 5 and from day 1, I have been having intermittent, but consistent mouse lag and keyboard lockup issues. It's only with my Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I never had issues with my previous Dell laptop with the same mouse and keyboard....
  4. When will Microsoft fix the mouse lag and keyboard lockup issues on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft fix the mouse lag and keyboard lockup issues on Windows 11?: I just bough a new Surface laptop 5 and from day 1, I have been having intermittent, but consistent mouse lag and keyboard lockup issues. It's only with my Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I never had issues with my previous Dell laptop with the same mouse and keyboard....
  5. Windows lockups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lockups: Hello, i decided to upgrade the case and nemory on my system and ran into issues. Before the change everything was fine. I swapped the case, added 16m more identical ran for 32g total. First boot i got an error, did sys repair and didn't work. Followed with safe mide and was...
  6. Constant BSOD and lockups.

Constant BSOD and lockups.: I am getting random BSOD errors. All drivers, bios, and windows are updated. I'm starting to the extreme i9 processors are just unstable.. Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 DESKTOP-MMN0NHO-(2020-04-25_17-42-32).zip 155116
  7. Page lockup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Page lockup: Running win 10 and keep getting this zenus message and to call microsoft to remove which is a scam. I just ctl,alt, delete and reboot and its gone. then maybe back in a day or so. Is not there a software that will block this and not let it on? I have 360 sercuriy on my unit...
  8. Constant freezing/lockups with mouse/keyboard usage in windows 10

Constant freezing/lockups with mouse/keyboard usage in windows 10: This will be a little lengthy, so I apologize beforehand. I have been having constant problems with windows 10 freezing. The problem started in the beginning of January, but it is possible that my computer was not used in the past two months. This computer is primarily a...
  9. Intermittent lockup using mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent lockup using mouse: I successfully upgraded (well not without issues!) to Win10 Pro. I have been having issues where when I click on something the computer just goes into La La Land. Only way I can get out is to do a hard reset or hold down the power button for four seconds. I am not sure what...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...