Windows 10: Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update

Discus and support Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both of these began exactly concurrent with the latest major update. I'm using a (genuine) Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The mouse cursor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mark99k, Jan 4, 2018.

1. mark99k Win User

Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update

Both of these began exactly concurrent with the latest major update.

I'm using a (genuine) Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The mouse cursor is unresponsive at bootup, but if I disconnect and reconnect it, it works fine. The mouse buttons still work initially (I can successfully left- or right-click whatever the cursor happens to be on), but the cursor itself initially won't move. Not a deadly problem, just irritating to dig through the cables twice a day. Tried a different port; no change. Tried the mouse on a different PC, no problems. Device Manager says driver is up to date, and hey, it's MS's own product after all.

Second, and conceivably related: the Task Switcher shortcut (ALT+TAB) no longer works. Unlike the mouse, this doesn't resolve if I disconnect & reconnect the keyboard. And testing with a different keyboard gives the same issue, so clearly it's not mechanical. To be clear: I'm not talking about the new multiple virtual desktop feature, just switching between program windows.

Any ideas how to fix one or both of these? I know keyboard and mouse issues are common after an update, but this is the first time I've actually had it happen so I'm unacquainted with the usual remedies. The mouse issue I could live with; the other will drive me to drink.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Mark

:)

mark99k, Jan 4, 2018

2. File Explorer problem in Windows10

Hi there!

Does it feel to you like your mouse is misbehaving?

Does it happen to you when you disconnect your mouse and just use the keyboard?

ItayAvtalyon, Jan 4, 2018
  3. immred Win User
    keyboard & mouse don't work after startup in windows 10

keyboard & mouse don't work after startup in windows 10. I get the splash screen with the time & date. Keyboard or mouse don't do anything. No mouse pointer on the screen. I connected wired keyboard & mouse- no difference. This morning there was a windows
    10 update. After the update the keyboard worked and I got my normal desktop. After restarting the PC, I'm back to the splash screen and the keyboard has no effect. ASUS motherboard.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

immred, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update

1. Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard misbehaving

2. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  3. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  4. windows 11 is misbehaving with the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 is misbehaving with the keyboard: whenever i am clicking on the window icon it is opening the new page in edge with search term "how to get help in windows 11" and no popup or dropdown shows. no search icon will show also no hidden icon items will show...
  5. Mouse misbehaving windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse misbehaving windows 10: 2 weeks ago I wanted to play Half Life 2: Deathmach. My pc is pretty old so the game froze midway while I was downloading a user map. I changed my mind and forcefuly closed the game. After this my mouse started misbehaving.The problem is not inside of it since this also...
  6. Mouse misbehaving windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse misbehaving windows 10: 2 weeks ago I wanted to play Half Life 2: Deathmach. My pc is pretty old so the game froze midway while I was downloading a user map. I changed my mind and forcefuly closed the game. After this my mouse started misbehaving.The problem is not inside of it since this also...
  7. Mouse misbehaving windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft Mouse Misbehaves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse Misbehaves: My Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Mouse behaves badly sometimes lately. Its curse jumps all over the screen. It doesn't seem to be the battery problem. The problem occurs on both the wood surface of a desk and with a mouse pad. My Logitech mouse doesn't exhibit the same problem....
  9. misbehaving mouse after driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    misbehaving mouse after driver updates: Hello, On the advice of a helper in another forum for another issue, I updated drivers for my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 15IIL05. Since that day I've been having all kinds of trouble with my Logitech M570 trackball. I have removed it, and uninstalled it - but can't roll back the...
  10. After update lap is misbehaving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update lap is misbehaving: I have an Asus X541U Laptop with 12GB ram and Samsung Evo 860 1tb SSD. From last month, after the last update of the windows search bar is not working. lap is totally taking delay to respond. Screenshots are attached FYR, Kindly su[IMG][ATTACH][ATTACH]ggest........