Windows 10: Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

Discus and support Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing WINDOWS 10 version 20H2, it worked without any problem, but when I left the computer for about 30 minutes and returned, the keyboard,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YOTOMO, Feb 13, 2021.

1. YOTOMO Win User

Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

After installing WINDOWS 10 version 20H2, it worked without any problem, but when I left the computer for about 30 minutes and returned, the keyboard, mouse, and monitor did not respond, and the back of the mouse did not glow red. So, when I connected to another PC to check if the PC couldn't recognize it, the monitor, keyboard, and mouse was worked, so it seems that the PC couldn't recognize it. I turned off the power, but it still didn't respond. I changed to another keyboard, mouse, and monitor, Pc could not recognize. I can't type because I can't use the keyboard, what should I do?

:)

YOTOMO, Feb 13, 2021

2. Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10

I recently upgraded my wife's PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

During the upgrade, the computer did it's normal restart, but once it rebooted, the mouse/keyboard/monitor never turned back on.

After multiple restarts, nothing seems to be working.

The keyboard/mouse is USB and the monitor is connected through the onboard video card/VGA.

Any ideas? If I have to replace parts (mobo/cpu), would Microsoft provide the Win10 key for the upgrade?

The screen is BLACK, so I'm unable to troubleshoot through device manager.

Thinkerton, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Vega Hassan, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

1. Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard Monitor

2. Mouse and Keyboard and Monitor not working. I recently upgraded to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard and Monitor not working. I recently upgraded to windows 11: The PC is running fine. The funny thing is it all happened consecutively. First the keyboard wasn't working, as I couldn't use the pin to log in. Then I restarted by turning off the PC and then the mouse stop working, plus the monitor didn't show the PC log in page. Please...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard and Monitor not working. I recently upgraded to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard and Monitor not working. I recently upgraded to windows 11: The PC is running fine. The funny thing is it all happened consecutively. First the keyboard wasn't working, as I couldn't use the pin to log in. Then I restarted by turning off the PC and then the mouse stop working, plus the monitor didn't show the PC log in page. Please...
  4. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  5. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  6. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2: I have a multi boot system with win10 win7 and xp.The bootloader? was working fine as i could choose which program to run after startup.The update to win10 version 20H2 OS build 19042.928 seemed to go ok except not I get the windows symbol but no dots in a circle. I have to...
  8. Windows Designer BT keyboard/mouse not working after latest Win10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Designer BT keyboard/mouse not working after latest Win10 20H2 update: Hello Microsoft I'm running Windows 10 on a MacBook PRO with the Microsoft Designer BT keyboard and mouse. This setup has been working fine, but after installing the latest Windown 10 2H20 update, the BT keyboard and mouse is not working. I have tried this a couple of...
  9. Mouse/keyboard stopped working after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse/keyboard stopped working after upgrade.: I'm at a bit of a loss here and need some help... This evening I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. At the end of the upgrade, being asked to pick privacy settings, i find neither my mouse nor keyboard inputs are being read and the devices internal lights are off...
  10. monitors keyboard and mouse not working after blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    monitors keyboard and mouse not working after blue screen: after my PC blue screened with the error message KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED my keyboard mouse and my monitors are not working. when i turn my pc on a no signal detected message pops up and i'm pretty sure its not the mother board or PSU as they are both only like 2 1/2...