Windows 10: Mouse & Keyboard stop responding while their power light remains lit.

Discus and support Mouse & Keyboard stop responding while their power light remains lit. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this very specific problem for a few months now on my Dell Inspiron 5555. My laptop has 3 USB ports, one 3.0 usb port and is located... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mp810, Aug 3, 2020.

1. mp810 Win User

Mouse & Keyboard stop responding while their power light remains lit.

I've been having this very specific problem for a few months now on my Dell Inspiron 5555.

My laptop has 3 USB ports, one 3.0 usb port and is located on the left side, while the other two 2.0 usb ports are located on the right side.

I usually plug in my gaming mouse and my keyboard on the right side. The problem only occurs when either one of them is plugged on the right side. It happens suddenly even after hours of use: suddenly the specific windows sound of a device disconnecting goes off and my mouse and keyboard stop responding, even though their led is still on. Sometimes it happens when I have my mouse only plugged in and it affects both of the 2.0 usb ports which are side by side, even if I'm not using one of them at the time I have tried plugging in my mouse to the second 2.0 usb port but it still is unresponsive. However, when I plug my mouse to the other side of the laptop to the 3.0 usb port it works just fine. The usb ports will be alright after a quick restart until the next time the same problem occurs. I have also tried plugging in an external hard drive or a usb on those ports while the problem is occuring but they work just fine, so I suppose it only affects the mouse and keyboard.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers but that does not seem to fix the problem. I was told that this problem might occur when my HDD drive reaches 100%. However, I have recently upgraded to an SSD and the problem remains. Lastly, the Dell diagnostic Tool has not discovered any possible damages to the USB ports.

Thanks in advance.

:)

mp810, Aug 3, 2020

2. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This happens absolutely randomly, and after a bunch of times, both the keyboard and the mouse completely stops working. They are both connected to the USB ports on the motherboard at the back of the computer, and unplugging and replugging does not make them work again. The only solution to get the mouse and keyboard working again [temporarily], is to restart the PC using the main power button. When they stop working, the numlock light is still lit on the keyboard, but the keyboard does not respond, and I have a small indicator light on my laser mouse that just starts blinking, when it normally has never done that. Everything else is still working, such as any music playing, and the internet. And that is why I am posting, so that perhaps someone could find a solution.

ChocoRolls, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This happens absolutely randomly, and after a bunch of times, both the keyboard and the mouse completely stops working. They are both connected to the USB ports on the motherboard at the back of the computer, and unplugging and replugging does not make them work again. The only solution to get the mouse and keyboard working again [temporarily], is to restart the PC using the main power button. When they stop working, the numlock light is still lit on the keyboard, but the keyboard does not respond, and I have a small indicator light on my laser mouse that just starts blinking, when it normally has never done that. Everything else is still working, such as any music playing, and the internet. And that is why I am posting, so that perhaps someone could find a solution.[emoji25] [emoji30]

ChocoRolls, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Mouse & Keyboard stop responding while their power light remains lit.

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Mouse & Keyboard stop responding while their power light remains lit.

1. Mouse & Keyboard stop responding while their power light remains lit. - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard stop

2. No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on: Hello everyone, i asambled new pc 5 months ago. And everything worked fine until a few days ago, i was watching a movie online when my screen turned black and after a few seconds mouse and keyboard shut down too. And vga light is on, all rgb is working fans are spinning. I...
  3. No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on: Hello everyone, i asambled new pc 5 months ago. And everything worked fine until a few days ago, i was watching a movie online when my screen turned black and after a few seconds mouse and keyboard shut down too. And vga light is on, all rgb is working fans are spinning. I...
  4. No display, no power on keyboard and mouse, vga light on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...: The mouse keeps disconnecting when I'm playing or just even browsing the internet, this happens frequently and then just reconnects immediately, but this causes a huge problem while playing games as it stops the mouse from moving for a second. But the huge problem is when my...
  6. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...: The mouse keeps disconnecting when I'm playing or just even browsing the internet, this happens frequently and then just reconnects immediately, but this causes a huge problem while playing games as it stops the mouse from moving for a second. But the huge problem is when my...
  7. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.

My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.: What is the procedure to get my keyboard and mouse to work again? I did something yesterday that I shouldn't have, and now I can't use either the keyboard or the mouse....
  9. Keyboard Lights? How do I get the keyboard lit?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Lights? How do I get the keyboard lit?: How do I get the keyboard to light up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-lights-how-do-i-get-the-keyboard-lit/58ca4b5b-8aaa-4f69-9608-2d041b784158
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop responding at random times

Mouse and keyboard stop responding at random times: At any time my mouse and keyboard stop working but everything keep on running fine but if i'm playing games at that point, the last key registered will continue to work and the numlock led keep on despite i tried to turn off. last update i did was Cumulative update for...