Windows 10: Mouse, Keyboard & Touchscreen not working after Windows 1809 update

Discus and support Mouse, Keyboard & Touchscreen not working after Windows 1809 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I left my Acer Z3710 installing the Windows 1809 update overnight & now my mouse, keyboard & touchscreen are not working. The PC boots & I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anne_MG, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Anne_MG Win User

Mouse, Keyboard & Touchscreen not working after Windows 1809 update

I left my Acer Z3710 installing the Windows 1809 update overnight & now my mouse, keyboard & touchscreen are not working. The PC boots & I see the 'mountain lake', time & date but cannot get to the login screen. Both the key board & mouse are wireless and were working fine just prior to update.

:)

Anne_MG, Feb 23, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 23, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 23, 2019
  4. EA6
    EA6 Win User

Mouse, keyboard, and touchscreen stopped working after update

My mouse, keyboard, and touchscreen stopped working after last night’s update. I also had weird notices pop up about reconnecting connected devices (I have none) and something about Outlook 2, which I dont use. I have rebooted countless times, unplugged,
    moved, and replugged anything that plugs in and tried every other fix suggested. Ran tests, etc. All shows everything is OK and all work only in test mode. I tried a restore, that didn’t work.

I tried rebooting to Safe Mode and now I can’t get out of it. I’ve tried assorted fixes for that but since my mouse, keyboard, and touchscreen won’t work that’s been futile.

Other than a factory reset, which I don’t want to do, I’m at a loss.

Thema:

1. Mouse, Keyboard & Touchscreen not working after Windows 1809 update - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard Touchscreen

2. Touchscreen not working after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen not working after updates: After installed Windows 10 Pro updates my Touchscreen on my Dell is not working. The drives appear to be the problem, but I cannot find the drivers on Windows Update to fix what the new updates caused. The drives needed are for a Dell Laptop for the N-trig Duosense...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse not working after windows update: windows updated my system and now my USB wired keyboard and mouse is not responding. Please do not give me a fix that requires me to enter or click something. MY keyboard and mouse is not responding after update. rebooting hasn't helped. I use this computer for work and...
  4. Mouse & Keyboard Not Working After Windows Update

Mouse & Keyboard Not Working After Windows Update: After windows updates my mouse/keyboard do not work. I'm not present when windows updates because I leave my computer on over night for updates. Uninstalling the KB does not resolve the problem. Removing the drivers and replugging in the devices to let windows reinstall...
  5. Toshiba LX830-11D touchscreen , mouse , keyboard not working after update

Toshiba LX830-11D touchscreen , mouse , keyboard not working after update: The only thing i can do is turn the computer on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-lx830-11d-touchscreen-mouse-keyboard-not/1ac58ed6-88f1-4885-9274-48e56c378bef
  6. keyboard and mouse not working after update

keyboard and mouse not working after update: hello so i recently done an update 2 days ago, since the update my keyboard and mouse have become unresponsive. they work while using the bios but as soon as the rings appear when windows loads up none work. i have tried a cmos clear, bios reset and also tried to go into...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working after update

Keyboard and mouse not working after update: I updated my pc last week on friday and the next morning neither my mouse or my keyboard are working. Ive looked through many different pages on fixing it and none of them have worked. I have booted my computer into recovery mode but i cant use my keyboard or mouse so nothing...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working after Windows update.

Keyboard and mouse not working after Windows update.: After the July 9, 2019 Windows patch update my keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. The USB ports still have power but no input is detected by the computer. The pc is stuck at the Windows welcome screen. I've tried different ports and a different keyboard and mouse and still...
  9. mouse/keyboard not working after windows update

mouse/keyboard not working after windows update: Hi I have Windows 10 Insider Preview ver 1809 build 18309, tried to install the latest build (18317) and all went ok except when the installation finished it didnt restart and I had to restart manually (update and restart from the start menu. after the reboot, the mouse...
  10. Laptop Keyboard and Mouse Pad Not Working After Windows Update 1809

Laptop Keyboard and Mouse Pad Not Working After Windows Update 1809: Good day! I just want to ask help if how can I solve my problem that my keyboard and mouse pad sometimes not working after I updated my OS to 1809. There are times that it is working and not working again. Hope somebody will post a solution regarding this matter....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse not working after 1903 update

2. a285 touch screen windows 1809 not working

3. touchscreen keyboard trackpad not working windows 10 1809

4. hp 15m-c keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10 1809,
  5. bluetooth off after 1809 upgrade,
  6. how to get an acer all in one pc into safe mode when the keyboard mouse and touch screen arent working,
  7. touch keyboard not working after 1809 update