Windows 10: Mouse + Keyboard unresponsive after factory reset.

Discus and support Mouse + Keyboard unresponsive after factory reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since fully resetting my PC i have been stuck on the Choose your region + language screen upon startup.Both my mouse and keyboard are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zrrkpunch, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Zrrkpunch Win User

Mouse + Keyboard unresponsive after factory reset.

Ever since fully resetting my PC i have been stuck on the Choose your region + language screen upon startup.Both my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, and only work in Bios, the numlock light is permanently on.The System manufacturer is FoxconnModel is 400-034Howlett packard.I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting from USB ports resetting then reconnecting, booting in safe mode Gives me an error message saying windows cannot be installed in safe mode Troubleshooting and simply disconnecting and reconnecting everything.Even switching out for a wireless keyboard and mouse do not fix the is

:)

Zrrkpunch, Jul 18, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 18, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unresponsive mouse and keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key
      while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart >>Choose
      Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
    on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

1. Go to your
    manufacturer’s website and download the Driver’s setup file
    for your computer.

2. Press
    Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

3. Type
    devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

4. Under
    Driver, expand, then right click and select Uninstall.

5. If you are prompted to Confirm then
    Confirm.

6. Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
    right click, then select Properties.

7. Select
    Compatibility Tab.

8. Place a check mark next to
    Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

9. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse + Keyboard unresponsive after factory reset. - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard unresponsive

2. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  3. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  4. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset: Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset: Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc: Hi to all, can some one help me my keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-factory/3fa24d87-249d-4da8-aeed-b8f5c3593091
  9. Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working: I recently reset my computer, and its not registering my mouse or keyboard. It was a secondhand computer, so I did a factory reset and thats when the issue started, I'm stuck on the keyboard configuration screen. Heres some things I've tried: Unplugging all USB devices and...
  10. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot: Hi all, Windows boot to my user login page but the keyboard and mouse do not work. Unplugged and back, no luck. They do work on bios. Legacy usb is enabled. In advanced repair mode (where you end up if you power on and off 3 times...) both work. In safe mode not....