Windows 10: 'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update

Discus and support 'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following a Windows update on my HP laptop, the mouse keys now control the movement of the cursor on the screen - an annoyance. I went to 'Mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mattb123456, Sep 14, 2019.

1. 'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update

Following a Windows update on my HP laptop, the mouse keys now control the movement of the cursor on the screen - an annoyance.

I went to 'Mouse Keys' in the settings, per guidance online, but it was already switched to 'off' - I toggled it on and off, but to no avail.

Any ideas how to switch this off? Insofar as I'm aware don't have any keyboard-linked apps/programs which could affect it, though I do run a number of different language keyboards (in particular a Kurdish one piggybacked off a Korean keyboard) which have been **** around with Windows a bit ie. causing parts of the software to appear in Korean.

:)

mattb123456, Sep 14, 2019

2. Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

Hi, Last

My name is Milagros, Independent Advisor

If your mouse pointer or cursor disappears or has gone misisng on your Windows 10 PC then if you earlier enabled the Show location of pointer when I press Ctrl key option, then you may press the CTRL key to make te pointer appear. ... Open Control Panel > Mouse
    > Pointer Options

Solution 1. Use Windows Function Keys to Get the Disappearing Cursor Back in Windows 10

The installation of Windows 10 may disable the function of your mouse cursor, causing the mouse pointer missing on Windows 10. If that’s the case, it could be possibly resolved by pressing the Windows function keys on your keyboard.

Depending on your keyboard and mouse model, the Windows keys you should hit are varying from one to another. Thus you may try the following combinations to make your disappearing cursor back to visible in Windows 10: Fn + F3 / Fn + F5 / Fn + F9 / Fn + F11.

If using the Fn keys to retrieve the missing cursor doesn’t work for bringing the mouse cursor back, there could be some errors with your mouse driver in Windows 10. Since upgrading Windows OS sometimes leads to driver or software compatibility issue. To fit
    Windows 10 with the compatible mouse drivers, you might as well roll back your mouse driver or update it.

Solution 2. Update the Mouse Driver to Fix the Missing Cursor in Windows 10

Step 1. Press Windows + R keys altogether to bring out the Run box.

Step 2. Type devmgmt.msc and then hit Enter to open Device Manager

Step 3. Press Tab to switch to devices list.

Step 4. Use arrow keys to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and use the right arrow key to expand it.

Step 5. Use the down arrow key to select your mouse device.

Step 6. Press Shift + F10 open the context menu.

Step 7. Choose Update driver with arrow keys and hit Enter.

Step 8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions to finish the updates and then check whether the lost cursor or mouse not working issue persists on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop PC.

Good luck..

MilagrosM2020, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Anak Win User
    Left key mouse

Hi Don,

• Is this on your laptop?
    • If it is, are you using the touch-pad and associated keys (please supply name and version of touch-pad) or do you have a separate mouse with USB dongle (please supply name and version of mouse)?

4. Eric Ber Win User

'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update

Mouse cursor not showing when laptop is on battery

Hi,

A faulty hardware is one of the possible reasons why the mouse cursor is not working when the charger is not plugged in. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Have you tried using an external USB mouse and check if you will still experience the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update

1. 'Mouse Keys' stuck on - keys now control cursor on laptop following update - Similar Threads - 'Mouse Keys' stuck

2. Left Control Key Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Control Key Stuck: I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled....
  3. Left Control Key Stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Control Key Stuck: I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled....
  4. My control key gets "stuck".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My control key gets "stuck".: Hey so my left ctrl key gets stuck not physically but the pc thinks that the input is there, I have tried changing keyboards but the problem persists. This mainly happens when I play games any fixes?...
  5. My control key gets "stuck".

My control key gets "stuck".: Hey so my left ctrl key gets stuck not physically but the pc thinks that the input is there, I have tried changing keyboards but the problem persists. This mainly happens when I play games any fixes?...
  6. Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???: Hi, My laptop is a HP. And, I have 1 problem, Why does it keep moving around the same area where im clicking the rrow keys e.g. clicking up, the cursor goes up how to fix this??...
  7. Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???

Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???: Hi, My laptop is a HP. And, I have 1 problem, Why does it keep moving around the same area where im clicking the rrow keys e.g. clicking up, the cursor goes up how to fix this??...
  8. Why is my cursor following my arrow keys???

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Mouse and key board out of control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and key board out of control: While in a game like world of tanks blitz every once in awhile my mouse loses control of the tank and my keyboard starts printing the same letter over and over. When i go to device manager it shows a yellow mark on the graphics card yet it says its working properly. I have to...
  10. Alt and win and control keys stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt and win and control keys stuck: So it has happened tonight, and it happened about a week ago. Keyboard functionality dies, and when i turn on the OSK, the win, alt, ctrl keys are all shown as being pressed, even when the keyboard is unplugged. Sometimes after a reboot the aforementioned keys will work like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 sticky key mouse cursor disappears