Windows 10: Mouse Keys will not turn off

Discus and support Mouse Keys will not turn off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After recently restarting my Surface tablet, I am unable to turn off the Mouse Keys function. In Settings, I have the "Control your mouse with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lonelytuatara, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Mouse Keys will not turn off

After recently restarting my Surface tablet, I am unable to turn off the Mouse Keys function. In Settings, I have the "Control your mouse with a keypad" option turned to "off", but using my arrow keys still moves my mouse.

:)

lonelytuatara, Apr 14, 2020

2. Mouse Keys will not turn off

Hi Casey,

Thank you for a detailed description of your issue. Since you've already tried unchecking the option
    Use the numeric keypad to move the mouse and still getting the same result, I suggest that you also turn off the option
    Use mouse keys when NumLock is on. On the Change sign-in settings, select the
    Make the mouse easier to use > Select Set up Mouse Keys, then make sure to unchecked
    or turned off the following click Apply, then OK.

• Turn on Mouse Keys - Use the numeric keyboard to move the mouse the screen.
    • Use Mouse Keys when NUM LOCK is Off.

Once done, go back to the Change sign-in settings, then this time click the
    Make keyboard easier to use, then unchecked the
    Turn on Mouse Keys. Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, close your Control Panel page and check if Mouse Keys still enables automatically.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Num lock key turns off

Hi Susan,

The status of the Numlock key is the same as it was in when you shut down your computer properly. If it was on when you shut it down it will be on when you again turn the computer on. In the meantime, let's check out if the mouse keys are turned off and see
    if this address the problem. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Start key, select Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, then Mouse.
    • Toggle Off Mouse keys.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that was provided by
    Kiran Kishore on August 19, 2015 in this
    thread
    to enable Numlock in startup.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Mouse Keys will not turn off

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Keys will not turn off

1. Mouse Keys will not turn off - Similar Threads - Mouse Keys turn

2. Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot: Self-explanatory. I get haunted by this issue since the release of windows 10, and it DOESN'T turn off via mouse keys menu or even via toggle. This is incredibly annoying because cursor jumping to top-left corner of the screen because even the feature itself doesn't work...
  3. Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot: Self-explanatory. I get haunted by this issue since the release of windows 10, and it DOESN'T turn off via mouse keys menu or even via toggle. This is incredibly annoying because cursor jumping to top-left corner of the screen because even the feature itself doesn't work...
  4. Turn off mouse hover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off mouse hover: The mouse hover feature is the absolute worst feature I have ever seen. Windows open and close on their own and one time it even deleted a folder of important files. I have a recent version of Windows 10 Home edition. In an old Microsoft community post it showed how to do...
  5. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer: So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm cleaning it? Anyways, I went to turn it off and when I do, it disables my mouse pointer. How do I fix this? I can't use my...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Mouse and Keyboard turning off: Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet: Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc...
  7. Mouse keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse keys not turning off: I have the ease of access feature "Mouse Keys" turned off however it still moves when ever I use my mouse and keyboard. I have looked on the internet and each thing keeps telling me to go to settings. These are the things I have tried my self: unplugging both my mouse and...
  8. I can't turn Mouse Keys off

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't turn Mouse Keys off: The Mouse Keys function suddenly turned on for my Windows 10 and I can't turn it off. I've searched around on how to disable Mouse Keys, and I've done both options that I've been told. The option is turned off in the Mouse section in Ease of Access. Yet Mouse Keys is still...
  9. Can't Turn Off Activity Similar To Mouse Keys

Can't Turn Off Activity Similar To Mouse Keys: I know Mouse Keys allows the numeric keypad to control movement of the mouse on screen. I've checked this setting on my computer and it is turned off - which is my preference. However, when I press Alt and any of the arrow keys, my mouse moves across the screen. Alt-Up moves...
  10. Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10: How to: Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10 How to Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10 [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard. [img] Moving the pointer using Mouse Keys...