Windows 10: Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses

Discus and support Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’ve done everything imaginable to get this lag/constant pausing with my mouse. I’ve also avoided windows updates for a long time due to reading the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zyriós, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Zyriós Win User

Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses

I’ve done everything imaginable to get this lag/constant pausing with my mouse. I’ve also avoided windows updates for a long time due to reading the numerous issues users had but microsoft forced me to finally update and I’ve wasted 2 days, days off, and still have yet to resolve this issue. I’ve done the following:

1 uninstalled, reinstalled, rolled back drivers

2 unplugged every usb device, used different ports, used extensions to verify faults in cable none

3 clicked scroll inactive windows a million times off/on per websites, I think this is merely for psychological fixes

4 disabled cortana

5 disabed Realtek audio

6 disabled/rolled back/uninstalled video drivers

7 changed usb power management, disabled fast boot, disabled everything associated with usbs

8 changed dpi, hz, reset to default, changed palm settings and even disabled touchpad

9 busted my laptop screen in anger because a billion dollar company cannot have their operating system jive with devices that clearly state “windows 10 compatible”. Will I get compensated for my time wasted for two days? For the hours spent undoing my cable tidiness? For the money spent on devices gaming mouse, keypad, usb hub, audio/video card upgrades, etc.?

Think of anything else, I’ll be replacing my screen waiting for answers.

Many thanks in advance

:)

Zyriós, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Widjaja Win User

Inexplicable mouse lag

This maybe of some use.

I once had intermittent mouse lag when I had a dodgy optical drive sata cable.
    I would notice the mouse would pause for about 5 seconds then start again for 15 seconds then pause.

During this time the hard drive light was continually on.

Widjaja, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses :)

anticlutch, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses - Similar Threads - Mouse lag constant

2. Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing/Pausing Constantly: My PC has started to pause and play videos,music and most audio that comes through. I don't know what to do. I've tried resetting,uninstalling drivers,updating drivers,updating windows. I don't know what to do. I am on Windows 11. Someone please help me....
  3. Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing/Pausing Constantly: My PC has started to pause and play videos,music and most audio that comes through. I don't know what to do. I've tried resetting,uninstalling drivers,updating drivers,updating windows. I don't know what to do. I am on Windows 11. Someone please help me....
  4. Intermittent Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Mouse Issues: Hi guys, Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all. When I try to mouse over and highlight text to copy and paste, it can take me a few attempts to get it to highlight. It might highlight some letters, miss...
  5. Mouse works intermittently

Mouse works intermittently: On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I have been monitoring the results of the corrections since then. I have now deployed all three solutions, and the problem still...
  6. Computer goes into pause constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer goes into pause constantly: I can open and work on my computer for a while, but then it stops working. The blue pause donut comes up and it freezes. The repair man said it looks like something is running in the background to overload it. He has cleared unnecessary items, but it has not helped. He...
  7. Constant intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant intermittent BSOD: Hello TenForums wizards. I seek your help once more. I have a laptop that's been bluescreening like crazy ever since a windows update got stuck a week or so ago. I tried uninstalling some updates, then reinstalling them. Even though they installed successfully, the BSOD...
  8. Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly

Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly: Have had Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard for years and got a HP preinstalled Windows 10 PC this past Christmas w/o any issues until yesterday. I noticed huge lag in keyboard responsiveness and then slight lag with mouse. Ended up replacing with fresh batteries to no...
  9. Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent): I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803 2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading) 3....
  10. Windows 10 intermittent lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 intermittent lag: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and overall I'm very happy with it. The upgrade was very seamless and the computer seems to be running faster overall. There is one exception though. I have noticed that after startup and for HOURS afterwards, programs are...