Windows 10: Mouse lag in certain games

Discus and support Mouse lag in certain games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having mouse lag in certain games. It has always been so. The games are not demanding games at all. Its seems to be related to raw mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertO'Connell2, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Mouse lag in certain games

I have been having mouse lag in certain games. It has always been so. The games are not demanding games at all. Its seems to be related to raw mouse input i think. It has made games unplayable.

Games include Dead Space and Stardew Valley off the top of my head.

I have tried changing my dpi settings, i usually run at 800 dpi on my mouse, it does not get rid of the lag.

I Have tried; Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing mice, turning v-sync off, changing gpu both amd and nvidea, reinstalling windows, to no avail.

Disabling full screen optimizations is the only thing that made it slightly better.

Most of tips come from 2013.

:)

RobertO'Connell2, Jan 31, 2021

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse lag in certain games :)

anticlutch, Jan 31, 2021
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Mouse Lag in Games

Mouse lag in games can be caused by using too high graphics settings, but can sometimes caused by having V-sync enabled,

particularly if the game is not running at high frame rates without V-sync being enabled. Enabling Triple-Buffering when using

V-sync can help with this in some instances.

Having FreeSync enabled can cause lag if your laptop does not use AMD graphics.

I believe a dodgy HDMI cable can also affect a monitors input lag, which in turn cause mouse lag.

BossDweeb, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag in certain games

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Mouse lag in certain games

1. Mouse lag in certain games - Similar Threads - Mouse lag certain

2. Everything lags when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything lags when playing certain games.: FPS drops, audio glitching out, input delay in games and windows when playing certain games.Clean windows install done 2 times.Bios and drivers from asus webpage all done.Clean GPU drivers done, uninstalled with DDU multiple times.Core isolation disabled/enabled same...
  3. Everything lags when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything lags when playing certain games.: FPS drops, audio glitching out, input delay in games and windows when playing certain games.Clean windows install done 2 times.Bios and drivers from asus webpage all done.Clean GPU drivers done, uninstalled with DDU multiple times.Core isolation disabled/enabled same...
  4. Games lagging in certain periods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lagging in certain periods: Like the question title says, I spot in 2023/4/17 that my games start to lag after i play them in certain periodsand it happen in every game i dont know if this problem are because of windows update or its in my cpu or gpumy specs are:geforce 9400gtintel core i2 quad8 gb...
  5. Games lagging in certain periods

Games lagging in certain periods: Like the question title says, I spot in 2023/4/17 that my games start to lag after i play them in certain periodsand it happen in every game i dont know if this problem are because of windows update or its in my cpu or gpumy specs are:geforce 9400gtintel core i2 quad8 gb...
  6. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  7. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  8. Specific mouse causes lag in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific mouse causes lag in games: I bought a wired Easterntimes tech gaming mouse a while ago and it worked fine. But recently it's started to cause fps drops in games that I play.The mouse works fine as a normal mouse, and only affects games.A different mouse and the computer's trackpad both work fine. It's...
  9. mouse button lag in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse button lag in game: Example This happen because holding keyboard keys overbooking the systemi try a lots of solution nothing work, win10 will make a patch for this issue? I migrated from win7 all was fine before....
  10. Mouse Lag in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Lag in Games: I have an 17” HP Omen laptop connected to a 27” samsung curved monitor. Lately when gaming I have noticed that my mouse movement is significantly faster than my crosshair in game, but the thing is that it will not do it everytime I play. It is unplayable when it happens. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse lag only in games