Windows 10: Mouse Lag & Sound Distortion

Discus and support Mouse Lag & Sound Distortion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; WinVer 2004 After several days since last boot, I start to notice mouse lag, almost like a stutter (Logitech M510 wireless mouse). Also, system sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmosley, Oct 4, 2020.

1. gmosley Win User

Mouse Lag & Sound Distortion

WinVer 2004
    After several days since last boot, I start to notice mouse lag, almost like a stutter (Logitech M510 wireless mouse). Also, system sounds are increasingly distorted; e.g. when starting a reboot with an open application, I get the Windows chime that accompanies the warning message. That chime is quite distorted. The reboot, however, clears the mouse lag problem and if I reboot again right away, the message chime is clear.
    Any clues? It's not a major issue since a reboot solves it but I'm curious if there's a setting somewhere that's the culprit

:)

gmosley, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Oct 4, 2020
  3. yahanna Win User
    Sound Distortion w/ BT Headphones When I Move BT Mouse -- Help

I got a BT dongle. When I listen to music through BT headphones and move my mouse at the same time I hear distortion. When I dont move my mouse theres no distortion.

I got Realtek installed and its drivers updated. Thare are 2 options in the MS sound panel for headphones. One for BT headphones stereo and an other for BT non-stereo headphones. I enabled the one for stereo because it sounds better. But I hear distortion with the BT mouse. When I switch to the BT non-stereo option theres no distortion when I move my mouse but sound quality is bad.

What do you suggest to hear BT stereo perfectly with no distortion when I move my mouse?

yahanna, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse Lag & Sound Distortion - Similar Threads - Mouse Lag Sound

2. Mouse lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag: So I got back on the computer that I built 2-3 years ago and plugged in my g903 and now whenever I move my mouse in game it freezes for a second. Can’t find any mouse specific drivers online and already got the ghub or whatever software and it’s still not working, what do....
  3. distorted metalic sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    distorted metalic sound: As of this morning my sound on my laptop is terrible. Haven't added anything, no external speakers, worked fine yesterday. very frustrating! any ideas? thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-metalic-sound/3e5b68f7-8b28-4d54-8ed4-3481f1b857c7
  4. Mouse lagging!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse lagging!: Why is my wireless mouse constantly lagging? This is such a basic function to a computer that I should not be having these issues with Windows. Absolutely no problems with Win7. Nothing but problems with Windows 10. I have tried EVERY one of the fixes suggested in the forum....
  5. Sound and Mouse lag Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound and Mouse lag Freezing: So my problem is that is have problems With sound (Razer Kreaken Pro v2) and my mouse (Logitech G503 Hero). The PC is sooo new and i don't know waht to do that happend so 4 weeks after i Bought it i have let the pc Built. And some times the hole pc is lagging. With the sound...
  6. Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound

Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound: Random mouse beeps and lag randomly happen whatever I am doing on my PC, especially when clicking fast, not my mouse as issue happens whatever mouse I seem to use. Started happening a couple months ago. Specs: Omen Laptop GTX 1060 6GB I5 8GB DDR4...
  7. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  8. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  9. Sound distortion

Sound distortion: All sound coming from PC is now distorted making it hard to understand when listening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-distortion/dc50b947-599a-47fa-b352-84fdda4e52ff
  10. Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Lag: Whenever I open up a new app, or make a new tab, my mouse and/or track pad staggers across the screen. If I open up a game the mouse will lag for 10 seconds, go back to normal for one second, and lag for the rest. PLEASE HELP!...