Windows 10: mouse lag/stutter makes it almost impossible to work

Discus and support mouse lag/stutter makes it almost impossible to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple of months ago, I notice that my wireless mouse was starting to hesitate and lag. Usually, I could move the dongle to a different USB port and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leafdesigner, Jun 18, 2016.

1. mouse lag/stutter makes it almost impossible to work

A couple of months ago, I notice that my wireless mouse was starting to hesitate and lag. Usually, I could move the dongle to a different USB port and that would solve the issue for a while. However, a couple of days ago, it started getting really bad. Now it doesn't matter what port it is in. I have tried: updating/reinstalling all mouse drivers. Nope. I even bought a new Microsoft mouse with a big "Windows 10 ready" sticker on it. Nope. Other mice have the same issue, too. Not sure what to do next. Basically, my computer is a 25-lb paperweight if I can't get my mouse working properly. I did look at some threads on this forum with folks who had similar issues and tried a few things there (disabling Realtek as startup was one idea. Another suggesting to turn off the "scroll when hovering over an inactive window" in settings.), but none of those worked, either.

I've been using Windows 10 ever since it was released last summer, so I don't know why this problem is appearing now. Seems like something that would crop up on a brand new build.

:)

leafdesigner, Jun 18, 2016

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB3097617

This particular update causes my mouse to lag/stutter. It makes everything in general seem slow/laggy.

Jessica Chen, Jun 18, 2016
  3. TwanMerks Win User
    Mouse lag after upgrading to Windows 10

same here, mouse lag/stutter with ANY wireless mouse on Windows 10

TwanMerks, Jun 18, 2016
  4. mouse lag/stutter makes it almost impossible to work

Oh yeah....and a Microsoft bulletin suggested the "sfc/scannow" approach. It didn't find anything wrong.

leafdesigner, Jun 18, 2016
  5. TrustMe Win User
    I really don't know if this will solve your problem since it just started a couple months ago but my mouse was doing the same thing. What fixed it for me was to put the mouse dongle on the end of a USB extension cable and moving the dongle away from the computer case. The lag and jitter completely went away. My extension cable was about 18" long. I read it has something to do with the frequency of the CPU interfering with the frequency mouse. Most mice run at 2.4Ghz, some run at 5Ghz. If you can find one that runs at 5Ghz, that should also solve the problem.

I hesitated commenting on this thread because my problem started right after I built my computer. If yours just started, you might want to think twice before you spend money on an extension cable or new mouse.

TrustMe, Jun 18, 2016
  6. Thanks for the suggestion. It does seem unlikely as my computer is a couple of years old now, but who knows?

leafdesigner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mouse lag/stutter makes it almost impossible to work

1. mouse lag/stutter makes it almost impossible to work - Similar Threads - mouse lag stutter

2. Wireless radio MOUSE very LAG and FREESZE issue Impossible to work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless radio MOUSE very LAG and FREESZE issue Impossible to work!: I have a very issue with wireless mouse tested with at least 2 mouse modelThe Keyboard I have a kit MOUSE & KEYBOARD - LOGI MK540 works fine BUT the MOUSE is very INSTABLE and UN-usable!I tried several fix but nothing seems to work.I have already verified:Battery is quite...
  3. Updating almost impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating almost impossible: My windows 10 PC downloading updates is impossible as of the moment. The download button is greyed out and will not provide you option to update. The last update was last month this year so im aware that it is just working before. I dont know what happens and why I cant...
  4. Updating almost impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating almost impossible: My windows 10 PC downloading updates is impossible as of the moment. The download button is greyed out and will not provide you option to update. The last update was last month this year so im aware that it is just working before. I dont know what happens and why I cant...
  5. Updating almost impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. random mouse stuttering and lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random mouse stuttering and lagging: Hey, Ive got some random mouse lags, where every few seconds the mouse pauses then tries to catch up. ive tested quite a few things and im starting to go crazy:tried a new mouse, same issuetried mouse on another comp, works fineupdated drivers for everythingbooted in safe...
  7. Mouse having input lag/stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse having input lag/stuttering: I placed a power button LED on the front panel and connected it to my motherboard. Now when I booted up, the USB mouse started having input lag. I tried another mouse on another port, but no luck. Help.My motherboard: Intel DG31PRWindows 10 64 bit...
  8. Sound stutter and mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound stutter and mouse lag: I've had the same build with windows 10 for months, no issues until a few weeks ago where my audio started stuttering. This is the most obvious symptom, but when it happens, any video I might be playing also lags, and the mouse movement lags as well. It happens a few times an...
  9. Mouse lag and stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag and stutter: i recently built my first pc, ryzen 5 2600 , 16gb ddr4 ram , and an rx 580 , but sometimes when i boot it’s just damn near unusable , the mouse will lag around the screen for a few seconds and when it does that it freezes everything else , when i’m typing something while it’s...
  10. Mouse stuttering/Lag?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stuttering/Lag?: So i have been having this issue for a while and have gotten pretty annoyed at what's happening. Whenever i play a game, regardless of what it is even league of legends my mouse is skipping across the screen when i move it. Sometimes the mouse is fine and even when i leave...