Windows 10: Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen

Discus and support Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have a 2 monitor setup, one going into my main GPU and one into onboard. I have always kept both of them on, but now I'm not using the 2nd one, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EsoFan7, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen

Hi I have a 2 monitor setup, one going into my main GPU and one into onboard. I have always kept both of them on, but now I'm not using the 2nd one, so with win key+P, I disabled the 2nd monitor(onboard gpu) by doing "PC Screen only"

Now here comes a weird issue...When I have the second screen disabled, my mouse cursor lags freezes and stops when my hard drive is loading something. When I enable back the second screen with "Extend", everything is fine again.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix this?

submitted by /u/EsoFan7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EsoFan7, Sep 16, 2020

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen :)

anticlutch, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen

Mouse Lag

Hi,

Mouse lag and touchpad issues may occur due to damaged cables, outdated drivers, and more. To rectify those concerns, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    where you'll find troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse, touchpad, and keyboard issues.

If you're going to update your driver, we suggest that you do it manually instead of letting Windows search for an updated driver automatically. Here's how you can do it:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver from there.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing device, then the mouse
      driver name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click on the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the driver you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen

1. Mouse lag w/out 2nd screen - Similar Threads - Mouse lag 2nd

2. mouse lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse lag: i have very high mouse and touchpad input latency issue-this issue happens only when i an charging my laptop and when any peripheral device like usb speakers are connected. But on battery power every thing seems good.-this issue also happens in Ubuntu-help somebody in this...
  3. Lagging 'W' key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lagging 'W' key.: So my keyboard's W key has been acting strange lately, and by that I mean it does this thing where whenever I hold it it freezes for a few seconds then it unfreezes. It started happening around a week ago and I've done everything like for example, reinstall the drivers etc....
  4. Strange screen/apps/mouse lag?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange screen/apps/mouse lag?: I've searched a lot around various help forums but I can't seem to find anyone who has this same problem. When switching between apps on my laptop Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 the screen takes a moment to catch up with what I'm doing - it seems partially frozen until I move my cursor...
  5. resolution greyed out on 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    resolution greyed out on 2nd screen: hello recently i set windows back to its factory settings. but now my screen have a resolution of 480x640 and its greyed out, i cant change it. before that everything worked just fine.... i m runnin' a rx 5700xt amd the screen i m talking about is a old samsung with...
  6. Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot

Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot: Hello, Today when I went to go turn on my computer, my PC booted into a gray screen w/ just a mouse cursor. I first tried to unplug all USB devices and unplug the power for 30 sec, but that did not work. I have installed Windows onto a USB drive and tried to get into BIOS to...
  7. Mouse w/out boarders not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse w/out boarders not working: Mouse without boarders keeps quitting working on the other laptop every few minutes. I reinstalled the updated version, still it stops working, this is new program for me, only been using Mouse w/out boarders for a week or so, not working consistently....
  8. mouse and screen lag

mouse and screen lag: i've had this hp notebook for a while but since 2018 ive been having this problem when i download drivers from amd for it the screen and mouse lagg . the notebook spec is amd a6-5200 with radeon hd graphics which radon HD 8400 GRAPHICS ususally when i get this problem i just...
  9. 2nd screen stuck on "out of range" setting when using 2nd screen only

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd screen stuck on "out of range" setting when using 2nd screen only: I was working on adjusting the resolution of my second external screen with the laptop main screen off. So when I have the second screen running and the laptop screen off I can only see the error "out of range 75-60 hz". I can see the second screen when duplicating or...
  10. Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV: I am running an hp 15ba079dx laptop. I've maxed out the ram at 16gb, and just a few days ago I replaced the 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I also connect the laptop to my TV via HDMI all the time to watch Netflix mostly. I recently replaced my HDTV with a 4k UHDTV. Ever since I did...