Windows 10: Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D

Discus and support Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, I'm sort of at a loss on what to do. Recently, when using my computer, anytime I press Ctrl +D the mouse becomes super unresponsive. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 5 IQ WindowsUser, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D

Hello All,

I'm sort of at a loss on what to do. Recently, when using my computer, anytime I press Ctrl +D the mouse becomes super unresponsive. It only does it with that set of key functions. It's really frustrating when playing any FPS trying to crouch and strafe to the right. I even tried pressing it on discord or spotify and the mouse does the same thing. I was wondering if there is any solution to this. I checked every program to see if there's an overlay, or anti-ghosting happening with my keyboard. I also switched out my keyboard and the same thing happens.

:)

5 IQ WindowsUser, Aug 22, 2020

2. mouse lag

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted about the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D :)

anticlutch, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D

1. Mouse Lag when pressing CTRL + D - Similar Threads - Mouse Lag pressing

2. I can t press CTRL with W/A/S/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can t press CTRL with W/A/S/D: while i was playing call of duty, my keyboard started acting weird.. i had this problem a while ago and i solved it. So the problem it s i can t press CTRL combined with A/W/S/D or the narrow keys.. but works with shortcuts and other keys.. what should i do? it s really...
  3. I can t press CTRL with W/A/S/D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can t press CTRL with W/A/S/D: while i was playing call of duty, my keyboard started acting weird.. i had this problem a while ago and i solved it. So the problem it s i can t press CTRL combined with A/W/S/D or the narrow keys.. but works with shortcuts and other keys.. what should i do? it s really...
  4. I can t press CTRL with W/A/S/D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  6. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  7. Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly: I kicked my power strip and when I turned the PC back on this infuriating beep started to occur. It occurs whenever the CTRL keystroke is sent in quick succession a beep will play from the system sound source. This is NOT any of the Sticky/Filter or other dumb settings I do...
  8. Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly

Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly: I kicked my power strip and when I turned the PC back on this infuriating beep started to occur. It occurs whenever the CTRL keystroke is sent in quick succession a beep will play from the system sound source. This is NOT any of the Sticky/Filter or other dumb settings I do...
  9. Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. A not working when CTRL is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A not working when CTRL is pressed: I noticed this a few weeks ago in a game that I couldn't move left when I was crouched. This as it turns out is not game-specific, as far as I can tell A is never working on this pc when ctrl is pressed. Things I've tried: updating windows. Using Different Keyboard....