Windows 10: Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

Discus and support Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe this started happening just after the last update. I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gwallace, Apr 10, 2019.

1. gwallace Win User

Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

I believe this started happening just after the last update.
    I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit will start repeating accross the screen. At this point I'm not even touching the keyboard.

I also have some add mouse lag issues. I've tried different mice (wired and wireless), different ports, but I still see this happening. The mouse will either stop for a few seconds or move very slowly and then catch up to what I'm doing.

I have thought about uninstalling the last update, but I think it would just get pushed to my laptop again (Corporate policy) I was hoping someone might have an idea of how either of these can be fixed.

I'm using the Microsoft 4000 ergonomic Keyboard and a Logitech M510 wireless mouse.

:)

gwallace, Apr 10, 2019

2. Keyboard has a weird type of lag.

I have a Windows 10 laptop, which I use to play games occasionally. Two out of three times there will be an inconsistent lag in my keyboard inputs. For example, if I press a button to move forward, after half a second of pressing it my character will start
    moving. But, when I let go, my character will keep moving for a bit. This lag is also quite noticeable in typing, but at least keys don't get repeated. It's very inconsistent, sometimes it will happen, others it will not, and the only thing that can fix it
    is a restart, which doesn't always work. All my drivers are up to date. Sticky and Filter keys are off. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

BrazenBunnies, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Mouse lag

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to download and install the latest mouse drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Try to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers. Please follow the steps given below and check if the issue is resolved.

• On the desktop, press Windows key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the
      Device Manager
    • Expand Keyboard and Touchpad.
    • Right-click on the device.
    • Select uninstall and follow the prompted steps.
    • Restart the computer when prompted. This will re-install the drivers.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 10, 2019
  4. tonyg0902 Win User

mouse lag gone but keyboard lag remains

I recently upgraded to an Acer Spin 7 from an Asus T100TA (Windows 10). The whole reason I decided to upgrade was the mouse and keyboard lag I was getting on the Asus. I figured it was b/c of its age (2 gb ram & 49gb hard drive near full capacity). But now I have a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and I'm experiencing similar issues. I have the Logitech K330 wireless keyboard and had been using a Logitech M510 (it just took me about 74 seconds to type 510). I tried the recommended solutions but none helped. Until I tried a new mouse, the Logitech M215, which came with the keyboard. So the mouse lag is gone, but the keyboard lag is worse. I've updated the Logitech drivers as well. I am also connected to a Startech.com USB hub to connect multiple monitors and the Logitech usb unifying receiver for the mouse/keyboard. I registered to follow the thread.

tonyg0902, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing. - Similar Threads - Mouse lagging keyboard

2. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.: I am using Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. Months before I faced an issue with this, the mouse movement will be little slow kind of lagging, and when I press a letter in keyboard or combination of keys it repeats the strokes. Like if I attempt to type angular...
  3. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.: I am using Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. Months before I faced an issue with this, the mouse movement will be little slow kind of lagging, and when I press a letter in keyboard or combination of keys it repeats the strokes. Like if I attempt to type angular...
  4. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  6. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  7. Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.: I believe this started happening just after the last update. I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit will start repeating accross the screen. At this point I'm not even touching the keyboard. I also have some add mouse lag...
  8. Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...

Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...: Hi, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Last night my computer began typing '=' repeatedly. It starts slow, then speeds up and eventually slows down again. The problem persists even when I unplug my keyboard. In lulls of rapid fire '=' I am able to login and...
  9. Keyboard typing even when not plugged in

Keyboard typing even when not plugged in: My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the behavior after a few minutes. Unplugging the keyboard and using a different USB doesn't help, or even leaving it unplugged. The...
  10. Mouse/Keyboard lag

Mouse/Keyboard lag: Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is some intense loading or...