Windows 10: Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome

Discus and support Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Mouse lags (almost unusable) on Netflix and Amazon sites with Chrome - this appears to be a common problem, but no real solution. I have turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MilesBaughman, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome

Mouse lags (almost unusable) on Netflix and Amazon sites with Chrome - this appears to be a common problem, but no real solution.

I have turned off hardware acceleration, but that does not seem to really help. This can result in computer freezing.

:)

MilesBaughman, Dec 5, 2018

2. Video pauses in Netflix app, and Chrome

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't read my entire post.

Video does not just pause in the Netflix for Windows App, it also pauses in Chrome and in Internet Explorer. I have not fully tested Edge yet though. The reason why I was using IE is because the first time I tried to play a video from the Amazon site in the Edge
    browser there was an error.

There are no pauses using Firefox browser.

To be clear, video pauses momentarily in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (used purely for testing purposes) and the Netflix App. It does not appear to be pausing in Firefox browser. Video can pause on video's being played in Amazon and YouTube. It is
    not an issue that is affecting only the Netflix App.

Is there an updated video driver for the surface 3 that is Windows 10 certified?

Any suggestions??

Obsessive Power, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Sorca1337 Win User
    High Refresh rate displays (>60Hz) and Netflix/Amazon Video (DRM content) on Windows 10 cause stuttering

Hi,

first, let me give an overview of my hardware setups:

#1: Asus FX502VM Laptop: i7-7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1060 (3GB), Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

#2: Desktop: i5-4670k, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1070Ti (also Radeon HD 7790 for testing purposes), Windows 7 Ultimate

#3: Desktop: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070Ti (also Radeon HD 7790 for testing purposes), Windows 10 Pro

Displays for all 3 machines:

• Asus VQ248QE (144Hz, also tested with 120Hz, 100Hz and 85Hz in all scenarios)
      • connected to machine #1 via DisplayPort, to machine #2 and #3 via DVI-D cable.
    • AOC 2343F2 (60Hz)
      • connected via HDMI to all machines
    A friends setup:

#4: Desktop: Ryzen 7 1700X, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070, Windows 10 Pro

Monitors on #4: BenQ XL2411Z (144Hz) and Samsung T27A550 (60Hz)

Here goes:

The following happens when I'm viewing DRM protected content (Netflix, Amazon Video), when there is no browser tab with netflix/amazon video open, there are no issues at all.

Whenever I have a display with a refreshrate of more than 60Hz connected, i get periodic stutters (pretty much every second).

This is especially noticable when moving the mouse across the screen (either one), the cursor just freezes for maybe a 10th of a second and jumps forward and runs smoothly until the next lag, a second later, happens. It's also noticable when paying attention
    to the video being played having periodic lags every second.

This happens if I connect only the 144Hz display or both displays together. If I use only the 60Hz display, there are no lags at all.

Also I tested with the following browsers: Edge, Chrome, FF, Opera and the Netflix Windows 10 App.

In the browsers the lagging starts when netflix starts playing videos (so trailers in the netflix menues and actual movies/series), for amazon video the lagging starts once a page of a move/series is opened, even without visible video playback. The netflix
    app behaves the same as any browser.

It doesn't matter on which display the content is being played.

It seems that this is a Windows 10 specific Problem. Since I dont have these Problems on machine #2 with Windows 7 and machine #1 with Linux. To eliminate the problem being related to the GPU manufacturer I switched my 1070Ti for an old HD7790 and got exactly
    the same issues.

So, now I'm pretty much done on my end, I hope somebody on here might have a solution/idea on how to fix the problem or someone from the Microsoft team might forward this to some developers who could handle this.

edit: I installed Virtual Box on machine #3 and configured an Ubuntu guest, at least like this I can watch lag free Amazon Video and Netflix streams now, but it's obviously a totally unacceptable workaround.

edit2: Tested on a friends machine (#4) with the exact same results (problems) as described above.

Cheers,

Dominik

Sorca1337, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome

Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome :)

anticlutch, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome

1. Mouse lags on Netflix and Amazon with Chrome - Similar Threads - Mouse lags Netflix

2. mouse lagging !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse lagging !!!: i have very high mouse and touchpad input latency issue-this issue happens only when i an charging my laptop and when any peripheral device like usb speakers are connected. But on battery power every thing seems good.-help somebody in this issue...
  3. mouse lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse lag: i have very high mouse and touchpad input latency issue-this issue happens only when i an charging my laptop and when any peripheral device like usb speakers are connected. But on battery power every thing seems good.-this issue also happens in Ubuntu-help somebody in this...
  4. mouse lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse lag: i have very high mouse and touchpad input latency issue-this issue happens only when i an charging my laptop and when any peripheral device like usb speakers are connected. But on battery power every thing seems good.-this issue also happens in Ubuntu-help somebody in this...
  5. mouse lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. MOUSE LAGGING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MOUSE LAGGING: So, I bought a pc this year, everything was just fine till yesterday, when I felt that my mouse was like “heavier “ the pointer keep lagging. It kinda stuck for 0.9s then come back. What could it be? Can anyone help? submitted by /u/sonekhaaa [link] [comments]...
  7. Mouse lagging

Mouse lagging: I update my windows to 2004 and now mouse keeps lagging when I open a program like Chrome or disconnect my vpn and even in game, when I play Rainbow 6 mouse keeps lagging in menu and I cant even aim in the game. submitted by /u/A_jaX_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse lag

Mouse lag: So I got back on the computer that I built 2-3 years ago and plugged in my g903 and now whenever I move my mouse in game it freezes for a second. Can’t find any mouse specific drivers online and already got the ghub or whatever software and it’s still not working, what do....
  9. Mouse lagging!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse lagging!: Why is my wireless mouse constantly lagging? This is such a basic function to a computer that I should not be having these issues with Windows. Absolutely no problems with Win7. Nothing but problems with Windows 10. I have tried EVERY one of the fixes suggested in the forum....
  10. Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Lag: Whenever I open up a new app, or make a new tab, my mouse and/or track pad staggers across the screen. If I open up a game the mouse will lag for 10 seconds, go back to normal for one second, and lag for the rest. PLEASE HELP!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome mouse lag

2. chrome mouse lag when watching netflix