Windows 10: Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Discus and support Mouse left button stops working intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenjaminSomberg, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

:)

BenjaminSomberg, Dec 23, 2018

2. Side button on G502 stopped working

Hello,

I've been using my G502 mouse for a long time , and it's great, recently however my side button (the "forward" button) has stopped working.

I use this button alot when browsing and I don't know why but it no longer does it's function so I'm asking if anyone might be able to help me in this. I installed Logitech Gaming Software to check if maybe the button is unbinded but everything is normal. I also unplugged/plugged my mouse to see if it works and also restarting my PC, however still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions , I really like this mouse and would love to fix any problem it has.

Thanks in forward.

gamingmonkey, Dec 23, 2018
  3. The blue button bottom left of screen, Search the web and windows has stopped working. The mouse works for everything else. I did the suggestion you made, but the button still does not work

The blue button bottom left of screen, Search the web and windows has stopped working. The mouse works for everything else. I did the suggestion you made, but the button still does not work

EmmelineWC, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

Mouse left button stops working intermittently

W10 left mouse click works Intermittently

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with left clicking on mouse after upgrading to Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the mouse and computer?
    • Did you tried connecting the same mouse on a different computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to corrupt or outdated mouse drivers.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press Windows.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    E
    nter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to un-install and re-install mouse driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the mouse driver:

a. Press Windows Key from the keyboard.

b. Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the mouse driver and select
    “Uninstall”.

d. Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2:

Now re-install mouse driver from the computer manufacturer website.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available on the manufacturer website, I suggest you to download and install the latest mouse driver
    compatibility mode from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

To install the mouse
    driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Download the latest mouse
    driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Mouse left button stops working intermittently

1. Mouse left button stops working intermittently - Similar Threads - Mouse left button

2. Left mouse button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse button does not work: Hi,two months ago I have bought Microsoft ergonomic bluetooth mouse SN: 400263930611.Few days ago left button just stopped working.Pointer is working, scroll and right buttons also, but left button doesn't work.Since it is pretty new, please for advice what can I do?Thank you...
  3. Left mouse button does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse button does not work: Hi,two months ago I have bought Microsoft ergonomic bluetooth mouse SN: 400263930611.Few days ago left button just stopped working.Pointer is working, scroll and right buttons also, but left button doesn't work.Since it is pretty new, please for advice what can I do?Thank you...
  4. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  5. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  6. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left mouse button not working

Left mouse button not working: Hello, I have Logitech mouse. The mouse's left button stops working some time. some time it works perfectly but suddenly stops working. its very strange problem. other switches like right button, scroll wheel, dpi buttons etc. working fine. please help me. Thanks...
  8. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  9. Left button on mouse suddenly stopped working

Left button on mouse suddenly stopped working: I was watching Youtube and for some reason, when I tried to left click using the left button on my mouse, it didn't work, though right clicking did. Any ideas on how to fix?...
  10. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless mouse intermitently stops

2. mouse stops working intermittently

3. left mouse button intermittent

4. mouse stops working intermittently windows 10,
  5. my view mouses left click stops responding intermittently,
  6. the left click on my mouse intermittently stops working,
  7. left button stops working,
  8. g502 left key is not working