Windows 10: Mouse left click acting like a right click

Discus and support Mouse left click acting like a right click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthew O'Rourke, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I do to fix this problem.

This mouse is built into the laptop itself, it is not something that I can just remove and reinstall.

:)

Matthew O'Rourke, Oct 23, 2019

2. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

My mouse has recently acting weird. Whenever I left-clicked the mouse, acts like a right-click however my right-click is still good. Therefore, both buttons are acting like right-clicks. Sometimes, it goes off by just leaving it a few minutes but then
    the issue returns if you used it after a few seconds. Since I'm using a laptop, both the external mouse and the touch pad had this issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers but did not work. Please send a help. Thank you.

SherwinJalandoni, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

Thank you very much but I already tried this but it did not solve the problem. My primary button is left but still it acts weird.

SherwinJalandoni, Oct 23, 2019
  4. BenGish Win User

Mouse left click acting like a right click

Left clicking acts like right click

Recently, post windows update 4/‎10/‎2018, when attempting to left click & drag (ex. moving a window or dragging a scroll bar or moving a shortcut on the desktop) the properties menu of a right mouse click opens. Similar to description of ( Left clicking acts like right click
    ).

I have not yet attempted to roll back the update but all other suggestions within the post mentioned above have failed to resolve the issue. No hardware changes have been made in the time frame. The only other software change in the time frame has been an
    nVidia graphics driver update.

BenGish, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Mouse left click acting like a right click

1. Mouse left click acting like a right click - Similar Threads - Mouse left click

2. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  3. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  4. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  5. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  6. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  7. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  8. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

9. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  10. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click acting like left click windows 10