Windows 10: Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications

Discus and support Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently bought a new mouse and am having an issue with it: the left-click of the mouse, whether it's just a click or when used in dragging,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieMioulet, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications

I've recently bought a new mouse and am having an issue with it: the left-click of the mouse, whether it's just a click or when used in dragging, sometimes minimizes all application windows, seemingly at random. I haven't found anyone else with the same problem and am pretty much at a loss for what to do in attempting to fix it. I've looked through a lot of the mouse settings in windows that were brought up in other problems but none of them contained anything useful.

:)

CharlieMioulet, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Sydney Win User

applications keep minimizing randomly and mouse moves around in Windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on my home desktop, and recently my open applications and windows have started randomly minimizing. This happens every few seconds to few minutes, and when it does, the whole screen flashes for a second and the mouse also blinks out of existence and then reappears in a different area of the screen. At first I thought it was the touch screen feature of my desktop having trouble with calibrations, but that's not what it is. The touch screen features still work like normal and when the windows minimize and the mouse moves, it all happens too quickly for it to have come from the touch screen. Please help! I have no idea why this is happening and I use this computer for a lot of my work from home.

Sydney, Dec 29, 2020
  3. jjacallen Win User
    Mouse randomly clicks all by itself

I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo T460s laptop. The laptop has recently developed this strange problem with the mouse. It's very similar to the problem described in this ticket:

Cursor clicks on things randomly all by itself

The issue reproduces no matter what mouse I use:
    • Logitech bluetooth mouse
    • Logitech wireless USB dongle mouse
    • Microsoft Comfort wired USB mouse
    • The Machine's touchpad
    Steps I've taken to troubleshoot the issue:

• I disabled the touchpad
    • I uninstalled Logitech software which was recommended by Logitech for the bluetooth mouse
    • I updated the driver for the touchpad (it was already up to date)
    • I tried a clean boot (according to the MS support instructions)
    • Bought a new mouse
    • Changed touchpad sensitivity to "low"
    • Uninstalled the driver for the touchpad (synaptics pointing device) - weirdly, when I restarted there was a new device listed in the device manager called "PS/2 compatible mouse" and the touchpad now works again, and I can no longer find the setting to
      disable it. So, that's strange. But apparently it's now using a Microsoft driver, which was the next thing to try - installing MS generic driver...

I'll try to describe the behavior a little better than the other ticket:

The cursor randomly left-clicks and holds. If I move the mouse when this happens, it drags whatever the cursor was on or it selects text, exactly as if I were holding the left mouse button. It randomly releases, too. Sometimes, it lasts only for a quick
    second, but sometimes it really gets stuck. When it is stuck, right-clicking usually releases it so I can continue working. Left-clicking doesn't help, I can left-click repeatedly and it doesn't release, when I use the touchpad buttons or the USB mouse buttons.
    Keyboard actions also don't have any effect on the behavior, as far as I can tell.

jjacallen, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications

Minimize applications

Hi Osman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which applications are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the minimized applications in the Task bar?
    • If so, what is the exact issue you are facing with it?

Your query is little unclear, I suggest you to follow the below article to help us understand your query.

Microsoft Community

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications

1. Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications - Similar Threads - Mouse left click

2. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  3. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  4. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  6. left mouse click results in multiple random clicks

left mouse click results in multiple random clicks: when I do a left mouse click it quite often results in a double or more clicks. If I change the mouse it still happens. if I switch left and right mouse buttons it goes away, but that is a really awkward way for me to work. I have deleted mouse in Device manager, which there...
  7. Mouse randomly clicks all by itself

Mouse randomly clicks all by itself: I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo T460s laptop. The laptop has recently developed this strange problem with the mouse. It's very similar to the problem described in this ticket:...
  8. Microsoft arc mouse - left click randomly behaves as double click

Microsoft arc mouse - left click randomly behaves as double click: From the last 2 weeks, my Microsoft Arc mouse latest surface version is behaving crazy with my Lenevo E480 Windows 10 laptop. I have tried reducing the speed of double click from the mouse & pointer settings. Still issue persist. Request Microsoft to please look into it if...
  9. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...
  10. left click on mouse

left click on mouse: since I bought my new Dell windows 10 desktop I have been having trouble with my mouse. its very touchy and I have to play around with it to find a spot that will allow the left click. I heard there is a way to fix this. any help would be appreciated...tyvm *Rolleyes 87250