Windows 10: Mouse left click switched to side button

Discus and support Mouse left click switched to side button in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MD.2, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MD.2 Win User

Mouse left click switched to side button

Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the problem instead be with the mouse? The mouse I'm using is the Logitech G203 Lightsync.

:)

2. S_and_S Win User

recently my left mouse button resultes in a menu

May I make a suggestion?

Open Control Panel and go to: Mouse > Buttons tab > Switch primary and secondary buttons

That setting switches the roles of the left and right mouse buttons. If there's a check mark in that box, get rid of it.

S_and_S, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Cannot switch mouse from 'right hand' operating to 'left hand'

Medina,

If your mouse can be switched then the setting for it is in

• Settings,
    • Devices,
    • Mouse,
    • Additional mouse options,
    • Buttons tab,
    • Button configuration - Switch primary & secondary buttons.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 20, 2021
  4. shmu26 Win User

Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen

I switched mouse buttons to left-handed, I did this for all user accounts.
    But when I go to lock screen, it often behaves at default settings.
    How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine, even lock screen?

shmu26, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse left click switched to side button - Similar Threads - Mouse left click

2. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  3. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  4. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse Side-Buttons

Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  6. Left mouse button clicking multiple times

Left mouse button clicking multiple times: When I hold left mouse click down and run my finger around the left click, whilst still holding down it, it unclicks and clicks again. This can happen multiple times in one hold. This makes it frustrating when dragging things across the monitor. I have had the mouse for a...
  7. Left Side Pointers for Mouse

Left Side Pointers for Mouse: Recently I had an injury to my Right Wrist To handle mouse, i switched primary and secondary buttons. But i see all the mouse pointers available only for right side operators. could you please help me to get left side pointers regards Swaminathan...
  8. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?: I recently started using windows after being a mac use for the past decade. One thing I've gotten very used to is using the left-side button on my (microsoft) mouse to "open in new tab" when I'm in a web browser. However it seems in windows the default mapping for this button...
  9. Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse

Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse: Sometimes when a new window pops up on my windows 10 laptop I am unable to left-click to select something. To get it to work I have to right-click first, then I am able to left-click on it. Its like the focus goes out. I am using the Dell wireless mouse that came with my...
  10. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails: Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away. Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be displayed. A Right Btn Click actually displays the popup menu. This was the condition when I bought the machine....